Recalled/Assigned: Leafs call up Moore

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Cool story.

Uncreative plugs have plagued the leafs for years. You loved Bozak though if I recall. I am not shocked. Dynamic sentient players can't be predicted as I yawn like Brown can. He is as unremarkable as they come, but his real saving grace is keeping the pedal down on the PK.

Love of plugs is a Leafy thing to do. Correct me if I am wrong but was it not you that was fully supportive of Kappy on the 4th line?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Uncreative plugs have plagued the leafs for years. You loved Bozak though if I recall. I am not shocked. Dynamic sentient players can't be predicted as I yawn like Brown can. He is as unremarkable as they come, but his real saving grace is keeping the pedal down on the PK.

Love of plugs is a Leafy thing to do.
Like most things, you recall poorly.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Like most things, you recall poorly.

I am pretty sure you were an ardent Bozak supporter and in full support of Kapanen on the 4th line. You also embraced Brown at every stage. These things are fine but Brown is useless outside a PK. Good on that PK if you're down with 1trick ponies.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Man the line up looks so sad with Matthews n Nylander missing

Don't really feel confident in any of those lines atm. Really hope we can muster some wins this month on the back of Freddie or else there will be a lot of catching up to do.
Yeah honestly, who would have thought our winger depth of all things would be this pathetic...

Reactions: Leafling

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Yeah honestly, who would have thought our winger depth of all things would be this pathetic...
images

I was very critical of Dubas and his team building plan, particularly his bottom 6 soft small wingers plan.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
They have definitely underperformed to this point.
Marleau had a goal and could of had 2 last game. So hopefully signs of the puck going in soon.
Brown has stagnated.
Johnsson has been MIA up until last game.
Willy is MIA.
Ennis tries but is just to weak.
Lindholm is being used more than he should because of all of the above.
Leivo has been one of the better wingers but can’t get off the 4th line.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

We have some dynamic prospects. Ready or not our bottom 6 lacks dynamic players and we are witnessing Babcock letting good pros take over the team. He is going to screw our strength into a weakness if Dubas does not move some plugs and inject some talent.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
More like Ennis should replace him....on the Marlies.
Bingo! Ennis isn't a fourth line player period. He'd be better utilized playing top 9 on the Marlies. Personally, I thought he was getting starts to showcase him to teams up against the cap who might need a bit of offensive depth, but I think it's clear Ennis is pretty much at the end of his NHL career.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
images

I was very critical of Dubas and his team building plan, particularly his bottom 6 soft small wingers plan.
I have a bit of an issue also with Babs line construction at times.
For me I’d have:
Hyman...Kadri...winger (this line will match the top line)
Marleau...Matthews...Nylander (unfortunately 2/3rds of this line is missing and I’d rather Marleau with Kadri/Hyman for now). Ideally I’d like a Gallagher 3rd winger for this line. Need a solid forechecker. Maybe Kappy off wing.
Leivo...Tavares...Marner (the new Bozak/JVR/Marner line)
Line 4: The rest of Gilligans Island.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bingo! Ennis isn't a fourth line player period. He'd be better utilized playing top 9 on the Marlies. Personally, I thought he was getting starts to showcase him to teams up against the cap who might need a bit of offensive depth, but I think it's clear Ennis is pretty much at the end of his NHL career.

He isn't an NHL player. Let Bracco get a sniff. Really worried that Babcock is going to rule this team and run it into a team of plugs sociopath style. The man has a vision and is on a mission.

Please Kyle trade the pets. I know if you go against Babcock he will use the replacements in the absolute worst way to prove a point though. We all know this guy now.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So if management is to be taken at face value...

They have said they won't call players up until they are ready.

Does this mean Moore is overripe and they feel he has a better than average chance to stick around? Or is it a bit of a panic move to try to jumpstart a struggling offence?
perhaps this is a "carrot" to show Marlies that hard work is rewarded?

Reactions: Marshy

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Ennis is a great pond hockey player who never put the work in, in the offseason to sustain a good NHL career.

Trevor Moore is a reasonable comparable, but I doubt we will see Boobcock give him much time to show anything.

The kid has no shot, so, he will back in the AHL soon.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I am pretty sure you were an ardent Bozak supporter and in full support of Kapanen on the 4th line. You also embraced Brown at every stage. These things are fine but Brown is useless outside a PK. Good on that PK if you're down with 1trick ponies.
Good call, best to lie about things that are irrelevant to the point anyways.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Good call, best to lie about things that are irrelevant to the point anyways.

So what would you do? What are your actual thoughts and sollutions? I am all ears. Maybe go over 140 characters for once, cripes.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Whoa. whoa whoa, Elliott Friedman, just came out and said "the Leafs group don't seem happy, they don't seem like they are having any fun".

Ughhh yeah, we have the worst coach for the current NHL. A guy who talks gud pro, and screams and curses and swears for the six year olds to hear, behind the bench.

Fire him get Keefe and lets win a Stanley Cup.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
You cannot swear and curse at millionaires, just my personal impression. Friedman is the first to bring this out, and its going to grow.

Swearing at millionaires never works, trust me on that one.

That is dinosaur 101. Passe and done.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Willy ain't here for a reason and its NOT money. Not in my opinion.

Micheal Nylander might get credited at some point for winning us a Stanley Cup. All I guess I can say.

I have to say, I always sorta liked Elliott Friedman, but now I quite like him.

I think this is the golden boy of Tanenbaum. I bask in the glow, that I believe, that Babcock is done.

Gone. And done.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Whoa. whoa whoa, Elliott Friedman, just came out and said "the Leafs group don't seem happy, they don't seem like they are having any fun".

Ughhh yeah, we have the worst coach for the current NHL. A guy who talks gud pro, and screams and curses and swears for the six year olds to hear, behind the bench.

Fire him get Keefe and lets win a Stanley Cup.

I haven't heard him say that so I'm not sure of the context, but winning makes things fun. Would you want a team to be happy to be losing or not playing well? I can guarantee you if the Leafs go on a winning streak, Friedman will go on about how the Leafs are contenders and look poised for a Presidents banner.

Seems like you took a hot take and doubled down on the worst hot take I've seen in awhile.... in a Trevor Moore thread of all things.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I have a bit of an issue also with Babs line construction at times.
For me I’d have:
Hyman...Kadri...winger (this line will match the top line)
Marleau...Matthews...Nylander (unfortunately 2/3rds of this line is missing and I’d rather Marleau with Kadri/Hyman for now). Ideally I’d like a Gallagher 3rd winger for this line. Need a solid forechecker. Maybe Kappy off wing.
Leivo...Tavares...Marner (the new Bozak/JVR/Marner line)
Line 4: The rest of Gilligans Island.
sometimes when I look at Babcock's player combos I think of ketchup and ice cream. Separately they're good, together, not so much.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Ennis is a great pond hockey player who never put the work in, in the offseason to sustain a good NHL career.

Trevor Moore is a reasonable comparable, but I doubt we will see Boobcock give him much time to show anything.

The kid has no shot, so, he will back in the AHL soon.
I think your being pretty harsh on Ennis. He was a little dynamo in his younger days, but father time catches up will all players eventually. Good person who I have no doubt is giving his all, it just isn't there anymore.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
We have some dynamic prospects. Ready or not our bottom 6 lacks dynamic players and we are witnessing Babcock letting good pros take over the team. He is going to screw our strength into a weakness if Dubas does not move some plugs and inject some talent.
I think this is more of a Dubas problem then a Babcock problem. The coach only has so much to work with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->