OT: Leafs Board OT Thread - Read First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Getting hungry. Had my dinner at 8PM my time, but it is already 1:30AM my time, so I think I will get some midnight snack :D

and yeah, those midnight snacks are the worst thing for us Europeans when we watch hockey in the middle of the night.

Especially with all the food commercials during the games :popcorn::shakehead:help:

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Weren't each of the four marvel shows supposed to have like 1 or 2 seasons on their own and then converge to the defenders show?

They were only supposed to have one season each, then cross over to Defenders. But Daredevil did so well it basically made them give it a second season.

Frankly I'd rather just have Daredevil again over anything with Luke Cage or Jessice Jones. It was incredible, and JJ was alright but nowhere near the enjoyment level I got from Daredevil.

Though I'm pumped about a Punisher series. Though I wonder how it will work, I'm skeptical on how Punisher will do being a leading character. I think you need a strong moral character like Daredevil to really bring out the best in his character. Otherwise you just have a guy wantonly slaughtering people because he thinks it is what needs to be done. That's...not going to work in my opinion. I'm interested to see how they try and bring that out in his characther without a Daredevil there to do it

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Honestly though that was the only thing was kind of cheery for me...everything else damn was a ****** as day. haha...was one of those days where no matter what can't get going to work/ cheer up.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Which reminds me Silicon Valley ep 2 as well.

I got really busy around the time both came out last year and never got around to watching them. I started season two of SV about two weeks ago and GoT this past weekend and I'm loving having so much backlog to catch up on.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Honestly though that was the only thing was kind of cheery for me...everything else damn was a ****** as day. haha...was one of those days where no matter what can't get going to work/ cheer up.

Ah shoot man, sorry to hear that. Hope today is a better day

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
They were only supposed to have one season each, then cross over to Defenders. But Daredevil did so well it basically made them give it a second season.

Frankly I'd rather just have Daredevil again over anything with Luke Cage or Jessice Jones. It was incredible, and JJ was alright but nowhere near the enjoyment level I got from Daredevil.

Though I'm pumped about a Punisher series. Though I wonder how it will work, I'm skeptical on how Punisher will do being a leading character. I think you need a strong moral character like Daredevil to really bring out the best in his character. Otherwise you just have a guy wantonly slaughtering people because he thinks it is what needs to be done. That's...not going to work in my opinion. I'm interested to see how they try and bring that out in his characther without a Daredevil there to do it
Thats actually a really good point. I was thinking about it too and now I kind of wish they just had a Punisher movie, because like you said, as much as I love the character, the more I think about it I'm skeptical of how he will be as a main character

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Thats actually a really good point. I was thinking about it too and now I kind of wish they just had a Punisher movie, because like you said, as much as I love the character, the more I think about it I'm skeptical of how he will be as a main character

They've certainly done a good job with him so far, and to be honest I do actually want to see a show with him, but I'm just curious to see how they go about it. He was basically perfect in Daredevil, but he had that strong moral compass in Daredevil to build his character around. I'm curious to see how they do that in the show.

I'll certain give them the benefit of the doubt, they've done a very good job with him and Daredevil, but it won't be easy in my opinion.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Yeah, incredible result for Leicester. 5000/1 was their chance, so somebody got really rich if he took that bet.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Next week's GOT episode could reveal so much. This weeks episode was great, and really enjoyed most parts. Only hoping Ramsay can have a long and painful death. Maybe they could revive him and keep on killing him. Burn him, drown him, behead him, flay him, etc.I would just love too see Ramsay Snow with fear on his face.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Who do you guys think sells the best coffee of the big fast food places (Tim's, McDonald's, etc, etc)?

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Not to spoil GoT, but I feel like I have to change my name and avatar.

Hmmm

Next week's GOT episode could reveal so much. This weeks episode was great, and really enjoyed most parts. Only hoping Ramsay can have a long and painful death. Maybe they could revive him and keep on killing him. Burn him, drown him, behead him, flay him, etc.I would just love too see Ramsay Snow with fear on his face.

HMMMMMMMMMMM :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad