OT: Leafs Board OT Thread - Read First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
So I'm not a huge NFL fan but I follow it on and off. I was paying attention last night though and always follow the draft. Wasn't Tunsil expected to go higher though? And this directly hurt's him since he misses out on bigger money dals because of a lower draft position? What would be the benefit to him for it being a set up?

That's the thing. There isn't much.

This is clearly done by someone that just plain has a huge vendetta against him. It really can't be anyone but his stepdad considering that they're embroiled in a legal battle right now.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Work is also great at making you tired. How will I be spending my friday night? By going to bed at 10. Tomorrow will be my 12th day working in 2 weeks. But it's tax season, could be worse. Monday the last day :)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Work is also great at making you tired. How will I be spending my friday night? By going to bed at 10. Tomorrow will be my 12th day working in 2 weeks. But it's tax season, could be worse. Monday the last day :)

Hehe, accountants. I haven't seen one of my buddies in a month because he works at PwC. :laugh:

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Hehe, accountants. I haven't seen one of my buddies in a month because he works at PwC. :laugh:

I'm just at a smaller place where my boss still looks over and files everything since it's his name with it. So I only get as much work as he is willing to do so it isn't that bad thankfully :laugh:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I'm just at a smaller place where my boss still looks over and files everything since it's his name with it. So I only get as much work as he is willing to do so it isn't that bad thankfully :laugh:

I turned down a Big 4 role (albeit not in Accounting) some time back because I wanted to still have a life. I've done my time in finance and I enjoy the 'normal' hours now.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
Algonquin is amazing. If you love nature you have to make your way out there.

Also going away this summer, just booked my flight to Italy for 2 weeks at the end of July. Also downloaded Duolingo to brush up on my Italian (thought I knew more than I actually do)

Duolingo is extremely helpful for learning some vocabulary and stuff but I suggest using that in combination with something else like speaking with people.

Thankfully I know enough French that if we go east we should be ok and a decent enough Spanish that I can get around in the big cities.

Italian is trickier than those two.

I've always tried my hand at language learning because i pick up syntax and stuff quickly and grew up speaking two languages and understanding three. I've added a base in french and spanish and understand some german, japanese and a little bit of arabic. Hopefully one day I can get native fluency in all of them haha

Last edited:

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
I turned down a Big 4 role (albeit not in Accounting) some time back because I wanted to still have a life. I've done my time in finance and I enjoy the 'normal' hours now.

Haha I get murdered by month end stuff for 2 weeks every month It's nuts.

Well im in line for a promotion so that's always nice...

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
On the flying theme, people are curious.

Not sure whether it's a sense of entitlement or what but flying home to Toronto yesterday saw a husband and wife upset with the airline (at the gate) regarding their seats.

From what I gather, they weren't seated together. Mom and dad and two kids. Flight was full. And were obviously anxious about it.

I get that.

But in most cases like this you have a choice of fare. If you want the bare bones fare, you don't get seat selection unless you pay for it. If you choose a higher fare, you can get seat selection and you can do it well in advance. Want a window? Sure. Aisle? Sure. Family in the same row or 2 and 2? Sure. No problem. No stress. Just check in, get on the plane and think about your destination.

If it was important to sit together... pay the fee like everyone else and make sure that you select it well in advance. Clearly, the only way this would resolve is if others gave up their seats to accommodate.

Frustrating for the agent at the gate to have to deal with poor planning on the part of the parents.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
On the flying theme, people are curious.

Not sure whether it's a sense of entitlement or what but flying home to Toronto yesterday saw a husband and wife upset with the airline (at the gate) regarding their seats.

From what I gather, they weren't seated together. Mom and dad and two kids. Flight was full. And were obviously anxious about it.

I get that.

But in most cases like this you have a choice of fare. If you want the bare bones fare, you don't get seat selection unless you pay for it. If you choose a higher fare, you can get seat selection and you can do it well in advance. Want a window? Sure. Aisle? Sure. Family in the same row or 2 and 2? Sure. No problem. No stress. Just check in, get on the plane and think about your destination.

If it was important to sit together... pay the fee like everyone else and make sure that you select it well in advance. Clearly, the only way this would resolve is if others gave up their seats to accommodate.

Frustrating for the agent at the gate to have to deal with poor planning on the part of the parents.

That sounds like entitlement. Stop wasting everyone's time, realize you made a mistake and move on. Sadly, people realizing their own mistakes and apologizing is one of the hardest things most people can do.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Finished the last exam on a high note. Pretty easy and only took my group 30 minutes to write it.

On another note my buddy was in a Stats exam and had a high 90 going into it. He didn't really want to stay any longer so he could come predrink at the party our buddy was having. He ended up picking D for the last 24 answers on his multiple choice final (out of 50) so he could leave asap LOL. :laugh:

He still is pretty sure he will have at least a 90.

I can't lie it was actually hilarious when he told us.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Finished watching s2 ep 8 (Guilty as Sin) for daredevil. What just happened? Incredible episode. Hearing that the punisher will get his own show. That's going to be a must watc h

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Duolingo is extremely helpful for learning some vocabulary and stuff but I suggest using that in combination with something else like speaking with people.

Thankfully I know enough French that if we go east we should be ok and a decent enough Spanish that I can get around in the big cities.

Italian is trickier than those two.

I've always tried my hand at language learning because i pick up syntax and stuff quickly and grew up speaking two languages and understanding three. I've added a base in french and spanish and understand some german, japanese and a little bit of arabic. Hopefully one day I can get native fluency in all of them haha

Well I'm only second generation Canadian, raised by my very Italian grandparents who barely speak English. I can understand most and speak some of their dying dialect, so the basis of the language is there. I just need to clean it up and learn 'real' Italian or no one will understand what I'm saying:laugh:

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Finished watching s2 ep 8 (Guilty as Sin) for daredevil. What just happened? Incredible episode. Hearing that the punisher will get his own show. That's going to be a must watc h

Apparently Daredevil might be cancelled, and instead carried over to The Defenders and Netflix has just ordered a season of The Punisher so he will have his own show.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Apparently Daredevil might be cancelled, and instead carried over to The Defenders and Netflix has just ordered a season of The Punisher so he will have his own show.
what why? I haven't finished yet, but there is so much left to be told. Punisher, fisk, the hand, stick, etc too many storylines. The defends will have jessica jones, iron fist, and another character, that show probably won't focus much on the villains in this story. Unless they have the story be told in the punisher series than yeah it might work. Really liked Nelson and Murdoch though. Hoping they do a s3

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

Weren't each of the four marvel shows supposed to have like 1 or 2 seasons on their own and then converge to the defenders show?

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Getting hungry. Had my dinner at 8PM my time, but it is already 1:30AM my time, so I think I will get some midnight snack :D

and yeah, those midnight snacks are the worst thing for us Europeans when we watch hockey in the middle of the night.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
Well I'm only second generation Canadian, raised by my very Italian grandparents who barely speak English. I can understand most and speak some of their dying dialect, so the basis of the language is there. I just need to clean it up and learn 'real' Italian or no one will understand what I'm saying:laugh:

I am also born to immigrant parents and was raised by a punjabi speaking mom and grandmother. Father speaks fluent english so I had the luxury of learning both at a young age.

On another note I started watching HIMYM again and am going to be watching daredevil too. Is GOT worth the dedication? I can't get past the second episode.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
My wife was accepted into a Master's degree program, We won the lottery, The weather is excellent for once... Can this weekend get any better?

Maybe we'll sign Zaitsev today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad