OT: Leafs Board OT Thread - Read First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
After careful consideration Leafs board mods have decided that we will allow an OT thread.

This is not the Leafs Lounge

The Leafs Lounge is gone. That thread was closed because certain posters were unable to stay within the rules of hfboards.

All hfboards rule apply to this thread. No exceptions. They are found here. I suggest you review them.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/fa...aq_forum_rules

This thread will be shut down if any violations occur. Discuss whatever you want within the boundaries of hfboards rules. The leash is short, so I would suggest not pushing the limits of what we allow. As this thread serves no real purpose in relation to hockey, it creates additional modding responsibilities for mods, for that reason we will shut it down if it becomes problematic. Also note infractions, thread bans, and forum bans are possible for individuals breaking these rules, as well as the thread going away.

We don't want to have to do that. So please don't make us.

Whoever makes the next version of this thread, please quote this post in the OP. It is to remain in post #1 of every rendition of the Leafs OT thread.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
We had a $180 ding last night but the great news is that the dog is well.

This one is for bloodwork to adjust medication shes on. Which I dont mind, but its the third time in four months. That I do mind.

Problem with living in Muskoka is professionals of any field charge outrageous rates because the primary source of business is wealthy non-residents. Residents get the short end of the stick.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Air Canada. Am I allowed to complain about them here? If so I have a ton.

3 out of 3 last international flights delayed 16-24 hours. :rant:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
it's raining, hurrah!!

Morning, Grant!
boooo about your doggie, blasted.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
This one is for bloodwork to adjust medication shes on. Which I dont mind, but its the third time in four months. That I do mind.

Problem with living in Muskoka is professionals of any field charge outrageous rates because the primary source of business is wealthy non-residents. Residents get the short end of the stick.

They have you by the heart strings though because it's money well spent. The reward is hard to put a price on in the short term. Staggering afterwards. Hang in there.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Rolling through the Dark Zone in The Division is one of the most intense things Ive encountered in a video game.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Rolling through the Dark Zone in The Division is one of the most intense things Ive encountered in a video game.

I've barely stepped foot in the Dark Zone and I'm level 14. My previous attempts in there haven't been very successful :laugh:

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

My girlfriends father is a pilot for them. He probably has worse things to say. :laugh: I'm not complaining though because I'm probably going to Europe for dirt cheap for the 3rd time in 3 years of dating her this fall. :D

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

I'll take that on… how was the delay Air Canada's fault?

(I'll complain about Rouge any time of day…. but mainline Air Canada? Not many complaints from my end)

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I'll take that on… how was the delay Air Canada's fault?

(I'll complain about Rouge any time of day…. but mainline Air Canada? Not many complaints from my end)

Tickets were purchased from Air Canada to fly on a jet scheduled, maintained, and flown by Air Canada employees. Not sure who else I should be disappointed with. I'm all ears.

OT - congrats Seer!

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Tickets were purchased from Air Canada to fly on a jet scheduled, maintained, and flown by Air Canada employees. Not sure who else I should be disappointed with. I'm all ears.

OT - congrats Seer!

You have to figure out the reason for the delay.

Disclosure, I'm a very frequent flyer with AC status. Been to Europe 15 times in the last 18 months and only had one flight delay that was caused by a mechanical issue with the inbound plane. I was in London but they got me on a flight leaving a little later and I made it out that day.

Usually with International flights (I'm assuming trans-Atlantic?), you've got one flight in and one flight out the same day. And it's the same plane.

If there were weather issues, that screws everything up which clearly wouldn't be the airlines' fault. If there are mechanical issues, yes, a pain in the butt but who wants to be over the Atlantic in a plane that they put some duct tape on to get it going? Take your time, fix it… I'll be at the pub.

With some of the security issues, I just assume that there is a potential for delay whenever I'm traveling.

Usually flying through a hub like London, Paris or Frankfurt, you will have options if your flight is cancelled. If you are going through a place with one a day routes back home… like Zurich or Munich or Copenhagen, you are crossing your fingers on the weather, mechanics and security.

Where were you going? And any other circumstances?

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
SEER is starting to become pretty big. Grats man.

I think the most impressive thing is I remember Seer saying once that he is working off of out-dated equipment! Now THAT's talent!

To Seer: You should sign up for one of those crowdfunding sites to raise money for better equipment! Image what the guy could put together if he had the latest and greatest tools at his disposal!

Congrats man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad