Half-Assed GDT: Leafs @ Blues

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Sabres fan here, switched over from our tire fire game to catch the end of the Blues/Leafs.

ROR is a ****ing beast. Still wish like hell he was on our squad, but I'm glad your management seems to actually appreciate what he brings to the ice every night. I'll be rooting for you guys to make some noise in the playoffs (knock on wood)

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Blues didnt play with the same amount of urgency and physicality the 2nd and 3rd. Looked like they were gassed. Glad they gutted it out. Have played a lot of hockey lately.

They absolutely were. They shot their wad after about halfway through The 2nd, and had almost nothing to give. They failed so many times to clear the puck, or keep possession on routine plays. Lucky that O'Reilly never runs out of gas!

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
My gosh we have over a 700 post gdt I thought that was pretty good, the Leafs board had to start a part 2 & had almost 800 posts in that one, plus a post game thread with close to 300 posts :amazed:

If you ever want to see attempts at the whining world record read any Toronto GDT. How many of them commented about the Ref taking out Marner? It’s beyond crazy. The Ref was completely against the boards and Marner clearly skated into him. It’s like that every GDT all through the GDT. Hockey is crazy in Toronto.

Part of me has always wished the Blues had the same following as the Cardinals but another part of is glad it’s the way it is.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
If you ever want to see attempts at the whining world record read any Toronto GDT. How many of them commented about the Ref taking out Marner? It’s beyond crazy. The Ref was completely against the boards and Marner clearly skated into him. It’s like that every GDT all through the GDT. Hockey is crazy in Toronto.

Part of me has always wished the Blues had the same following as the Cardinals but another part of is glad it’s the way it is.

When they win it all, they will come out of the woodworks here! Won’t be able to shake a stick without smacking one! I can’t wait!

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
giphy.gif

Watching the highlights. These Binnington saves make me feel like the above gif. We are lucky.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
You put that game in front of any new fan, and they’ll be hooked. That’s what hockey at its best is. 3rd game in 4 nights. 4th game in 6, and a damn good Toronto team on the tail end of it. We came after them in waves in the 1st. They pushed back hard at us the entire 2nd and much of the 3rd, and tied, and we immediately pushed back.

You put the top team in the league against the worst, and they are around a 75% favorite to win that game. Winning 11 in a row is incredible for any team. Then you think about what people were saying and writing even a month or so ago about the chemistry and leadership on this team, and it’s a whole other level of amazing.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Seriously, that goal felt all kinds of magical and even a little nostalgic (I've been watching the highlights on repeat for the past half hour or so). I'm convinced. They look poised to make a run. They were faced with an unquestionably tough test and didn't back down. They were simply great.

Here's hoping they don't break our hearts, but I'm gonna enjoy the ride. :nod: :yo:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Seriously, that goal felt all kinds of magical and even a little nostalgic (I've been watching the highlights on repeat for the past half hour or so). I'm convinced. They look poised to make a run. They were faced with an unquestionably tough test and didn't back down. They were simply great.

Here's hoping they don't break our hearts, but I'm gonna enjoy the ride. :nod: :yo:
giphy.gif

You are Trump in this gif brother :clap:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

I've actually gone back and am watching from January 7th (Binny's first start) since the game ended :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad