Half-Assed GDT: Leafs @ Blues

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
We didn't get another shut out and Tarasenko didn't score and Petro had a gaff. End of the world stuff
I really think that something is physically wrong with Pietrangelo. In the last several games he's looked terribly awkward flailing his stick at pucks attempted to be cleared, and not only failed to keep them in, but they went by him when he could easily have been there, or went through him, while he looked like someone with no control of his body. Those were routine plays that ANY NHL defenceman could have, and should have stopped. If there's nothing wrong physically, he must falling asleep for short 1-2 second pauses, JUST when the puck arrives (or suffering Aeschemia (mini couple-second strokes). Those problems have led to several key losses of possession on power plays, and during key 5 on 5 offensive zone flurries. I JUST don't believe he suddenly gets lazy at those key moments, or suddenly is thinking of his babies. It just doesn't look like lack of desire, discipline or mental errors. He looked spastic on several of those plays. It has happened too many times, and we never really saw this before. I think it has been the problem since the middle of last season.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I thought Sanford had a solid game. Looked good on D.
Yeah recently Sanford hasn't been great, but I thought he had a pretty good game tonight all things considered. He competes hard enough and has just enough skill to not be a liability. He's fine, but there is certainly room for improvement.

Reactions: Bendak and sfvega

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
Anyone know where I can watch the FSMW feed for the O'Reilly goal? I'd love to hear JK and Panger's reaction.

Reactions: Bendak

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
Yeah recently Sanford hasn't been great, but I thought he had a pretty good game tonight all things considered. He competes hard enough and has just enough skill to not be a liability. He's fine, but there is certainly room for improvement.
I guess I’m just not seeing it which is entirely plausible, but he looks and has looked like one of the weakest links on this team for a little while now to me. I’d rather see Fabbri. At least split their games or something.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
babcock-640x427.jpg

source.gif

Tell me those 2 aren't twins

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
I really think that something is physically wrong with Pietrangelo. In the last several games he's looked terribly awkward flailing his stick at pucks attempted to be cleared, and not only failed to keep them in, but they went by him when he could easily have been there, or went through him, while he looked like someone with no control of his body. Those were routine plays that ANY NHL defenceman could have, and should have stopped. If there's nothing wrong physically, he must falling asleep for short 1-2 second pauses, JUST when the puck arrives (or suffering Aeschemia (mini couple-second strokes). Those problems have led to several key losses of possession on power plays, and during key 5 on 5 offensive zone flurries. I JUST don't believe he suddenly gets lazy at those key moments, or suddenly is thinking of his babies. It just doesn't look like lack of desire, discipline or mental errors. He looked spastic on several of those plays. It has happened too many times, and we never really saw this before. I think it has been the problem since the middle of last season.

Agree Rob, but I think he has gotten better since the beginning of the season. If it’s just mental mistakes so hopefully Chief realizes it and gets to the bottom of it before the playoffs.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
who was the blues defenseman that coughed up the puck at the end of the 1st and Berube was pissed when he walked to the locker room?

was that 27 also?

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
3 stars

1. ROR
2. Colt 55
3. Bozak???

I think they got Binny & Bozak confused here, yes Bozak has 2 points but so did Schwartz, and if not for Binny making several huge saves this game doesn't go to OT.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
who was the blues defenseman that coughed up the puck at the end of the 1st and Berube was pissed when he walked to the locker room?

was that 27 also?

Look man, I get it you smelled blood in the water but didn’t get to say I told you so.

They just set a franchise record! One I didn’t think 18 years ago I’d ever see broken cant you just celebrate?

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
3 stars

1. ROR
2. Colt 55
3. Bozak???

I think they got Binny & Bozak confused here, yes Bozak has 2 points but so did Schwartz, and if not for Binny making several huge saves this game doesn't go to OT.
Colt's goal was huge, but didn't feel like he played his best game besides that. I'd go ROR, Binny, Schwartz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad