Post-Game Talk: Leafs blanked by Flames 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
This is what happens when Marner/Matthews are held off the scoresheet. Bound to happen every now and then.
Also, free Sandin. (Bench Rielly)

Reactions: Sniper99

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
After seeing how Edmonton toyed with them... getting completely shut out is just wow.

That said we did play pretty good. Could just be a case of running into a hot goalie. Hutch was ok for what he is, an emergency backup. You'd hope Freddy or Campbell would have had one of those goals. But even then, when you score NOTHING you still lose (2-0).

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Winning and Losing part of the game. Team is weakened with so many injuries especially to our two 2 goalies

BUT......

Having only 6 shots on 7 PPs that included an extended 5 on 3 is totally UNACCEPTABLE

It was PATHETIC to watch not having Matthews any touches or shooting options on that 5 on 3

wtf was that?

Tavares and Nylander are sucking the life out of this team

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Keefe puzzling me for trotting out the same group for 7 PPs. That was downright ugly. I think Matthews was covered well by Calgary but it seemed like they didn't even try to get him a shot sometimes.
Keefe keyed in about halfway through the game that Tavares was not going to work on the first line either.

Can't expect a miracle from your 3rd string goalie tbh. Hutch was OK.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Bunch of injuries to players with important roles. The lines didn’t work out tonight. Couldn’t cash on the PP. Can’t win them all, hopefully they come back strong on Wednesday.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Due for a game like this. Hopefully adds a bit of fire to the team but they looked out of sorts with the line up changes. Worst game of the year.

Still had their chances and it could have been a different game with a bit of luck but the PP was abysmal and the PK didn't help.

Hutch gave them a chance.

Keefe needs to stop putting Tavares-Matthews-Marner on the same line...Matthews-Marner and Tavares-Nylander pairs plus whoever the 3rd players are are better options.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
People celebrating a period and a half of pretty good 5v5 play from Nylander as if it's some kind of vindication.

He contributed zero again and was straight up awful on the PP. Kerfoot is pretty much our 3rd best forward right now.

JT should just play with grinders next game he's not finding chemistry with anybody.

Not that bad of a way to lose though we were over due.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Didn't watch. Figured we were due for a letdown game coming off a big win in MTL. Add in the fact Calgary was desperate, we were hurt and played our #3G, I'm not surprised with the outcome.

Onto the next one

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Feels bad man.

Leafs didnt play such a bad game but they had a lot of chances. Lots of power plays. No one to blame. Great record so far and this loss won't really hurt tbh.

Hutch didnt look too bad and when you cant score a goal, cant blame your goalie. Boys definitely were missing urgency as well as guys like Hyman, Jumbo, etc.

Barabanov had nice jump. Matthews streak ends.

We'll bounce back next game.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
After seeing how Edmonton toyed with them... getting completely shut out is just wow.

That said we did play pretty good. Could just be a case of running into a hot goalie. Hutch was ok for what he is, an emergency backup. You'd hope Freddy or Campbell would have had one of those goals. But even then, when you score NOTHING you still lose (2-0).

Oilers looked like a team that wanted to win at least. This was a true mail-it in monday effort by the leafs. The top guys had no urgency, pp was terrible.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The team looked terrible tonight - a complete an utter mess. Literally no one was on the same page.

I feel like every time Keefe randomly juggles the lines to try and make up for injuries, we look terrible (see the two games with 11 forwards and 7 defense). Instead of randomly juggling everything around ensuring no one has chemistry, he needs to keep most things the same, and just fill in holes. Keefe could've made more in game adjustments sooner to try and spark something, but didn't until the game was out of reach.

JT with his worst performance as a Leaf. If he doesn't figure his game out, we're in trouble.
Lol we are in trouble comment.
If every team has a key player struggling, they are in trouble too.

Stanley Sumdae

Feb 1, 2010
If you knew this team would get 7PPs before the game you'd bet the farm on a win. That was ugly. If Galchenyuk can't take someone like Vesey or Barabanov spot, he truly might be done in the NHL

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
looks like that PP never practices together...at allll lol.
not gonna be too hard on em. they didnt play that bad. just bad luck and that stinky PP(which was bound to happen with the click we have been running at)

down a top 2 defenseman, 1st and 2nd line winger, our 1st and 2nd string goalie too.

i have a feeling galy goes in next gave if he has a good practice with the team tomorrow.

on to the next

edit: JT needs to get his shiz together, jinkees.

Mar 26, 2010
We are still proud of you boys , shat happens
Way to give us a early season treat so far
Let’s see what happens next game ...
Can’t win them all
I have no I’ll thoughts tonight
This is true, but I think they are in for a losing streak. The next 10 games will be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad