Post-Game Talk: Leafs blanked by Flames 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
The team looked terrible offensively tonight - a complete an utter mess. Literally no one was on the same page.

I feel like every time Keefe randomly juggles the lines to try and make up for injuries, we look terrible (see the two games with 11 forwards and 7 defense) and have no chemistry. This many injuries and it was bound to happen.

Keefe could've made more in game adjustments sooner to try and spark something, but didn't until the game was out of reach. I'm usually a fan of Keefe but tonight wasn't a good showing.

JT with maybe his worst performance as a Leaf. If he doesn't figure his game out, we're in trouble - $11m is too much for this many nights off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinkkunaattori

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
To me, this is a more embarrassing game than the Ottawa comeback
Couldn't generate anything.

w/e, can't win them all. bounce back next game

Losing the AM streak sucks more than the loss though...

Reactions: authentic

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Only thing to extrapolate from this game is the shit PP and the worrying trends that have been going on for multiple games now. Mainly the piss poor play of Tavares and Rielly.

Don’t know how this team can go 0/7 with the man advantage but they did it.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
You could talk about injuries, or individual struggles.

But the Leafs faced a last minute goalie swap with a guy nicknamed 'big save Dave' on the anniversary of the David Ayres game.

This could have not gone any other way.

Shut out. Matthews streak over. 0/34 on shots.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm only upset about the 0-7 power play, including 5 on 3.

That was the difference... They score on that 5 on 3 and the tide changes, they just needed to get one past Rittich

Or one of the shorthanded chances.

Of course the PP was saving the team early in the season and has been on fire so as long as this doesn't become a trend.

Reactions: Eric bungay

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Tavares and Nylander aren't on the score sheet yet again? Color me not surprised. Both of them are useless this season.

Leafs can't win every game, but it would be nice for our Captain and Nylander to contribute once every now and then. Annoying as hell.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I don't understand the lack of shots we took in the last 10 mins at all, but overall we were the better team and didn't have any puck luck at all tonight. It happens. Regroup and back at it next game

Can't wait for all the ridiculous hot takes to continue here though

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I'm sure there will be a lot of hot take artists in here but the truth of the matter is the Leafs hammered the Flames 5 on 5 but lost the special teams battle and didn't have any puck luck. Not too concerned about this game, it's bound to happen to everyone at some point during the season. On to the next one.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I thought Barabanov showed some promise tonight. But, he's shown almost none up until this point. So, I'm probably being nice.

Mo Rielly played a good game.

It was the Rittich show. He had some help from his pipes. The injuries killed the scoring depth. They were a one line team and that line couldn't beat Rittich.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I'm only upset about the 0-7 power play, including 5 on 3.

Yea needed to capitalize there. Tough break tonight, even at the end 6-4 they were too tentative. Nothing fundamentally wrong here, just needs a bit of work.

Effort was there, and Leafs looked pretty good 5v5 in the neutral zone, completely different team there than I'm used to seeing when we're up a couple goals, was kind of refreshing to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad