Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Penguins - bernyay!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
If my lip reading skills are correct,
I think he's saying "F***, i can't score on you....F***!!"

Either way, its pretty risky putting your glove on another goalie, you can tell at first Bernier seemed as if he was going to be pissed (since that never happens), but then saw Hornqvist reaction and realized it was meant to be a compliment.
That's some good lip reading. I see it now that you pointed it out. Haha

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Not really:

Definition, "patronize":

"treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority."
Or: Sportsmanship' is an aspiration or ethos that a sport or activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
That was a good game. Leafs were trying hard all over the ice and so were the Pens.

Babcock is a genius. Leafs are going to be climbing the standings slowly from here on out

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I agree with your first part, it's legitimate scoring chances people care about not the final score.

I disagree with the second, the biggest reason for the decline is the amount of coaching/structure. Teams attempt to force everything to the outside and take very little risks. That works because shots from those locations, while occasionally going in, are very unlikely to. By increasing the scoring % from all areas, teams are forced to become more aggressive as those perimeter shots are now more of a threat. That then opens the game up as mistakes are more likely everywhere and good chances will result.

The biggest mistake made in these conversations is trying to look at any proposed change in a vacuum, the game won't be played exactly the same with any change.

Well said. I've tried to articulate the same point as well.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Rarely see moments like these happen.

Last night was an extremely entertaining game to watch.

HrH3nY1.gif

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
The emotional roller coaster of loving and hating Bernier.

Hornqvist was just giving him props for a great game. Bernier and the ref even smiled after.

I know, I was only joking.

I'll change the lip reading though to.

"I saw your game yesterday, you suck, I can't believe I didn't score on you with your save percentage. FFFF Puck!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad