Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Penguins - bernyay!

horner

May 22, 2007
where the bernie haters at

WOOT WOOT

where the bernie haters at

WOOT WOOT

He gets credit when he gives a total effort. Same as Reimer.

Like tonight.

Its the first time in a long time that you could see that fire in his eyes.

Let's hope he keeps it up.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
HMOd4Bi.gif

showing bermier some love. #classy

Last edited:

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
He gets credit when he gives a total effort. Same as Reimer.

Like tonight.

Its the first time in a long time that you could see that fire in his eyes.

Let's hope he keeps it up.

I always maninained that he was just in a slump - something every play in the league goes through. His was long - or was it it short - it's all relative - let everyone decide. He went through, what - 20 bad games? a 20 game slump for any other player is just a slump and is pretty normal. For a goalie, yeah, it's extended - but still a slump. Bernie is a veteran, and was coming out of it sooner or later. I was just blindsided by the sheer amount of negativity towards him during the end of that slump - I really thought it was a lot worse than the Reimer hate we saw just a few years ago - and THAT was bad. Bernie's bad stretch was much shorter yet was much more scorned on the forums. I found that to be strange. Guess fans just have a hate on for the guy for some reason.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I always maninained that he was just in a slump - something every play in the league goes through. His was long - or was it it short - it's all relative - let everyone decide. He went through, what - 20 bad games? a 20 game slump for any other player is just a slump and is pretty normal. For a goalie, yeah, it's extended - but still a slump. Bernie is a veteran, and was coming out of it sooner or later. I was just blindsided by the sheer amount of negativity towards him during the end of that slump - I really thought it was a lot worse than the Reimer hate we saw just a few years ago - and THAT was bad. Bernie's bad stretch was much shorter yet was much more scorned on the forums. I found that to be strange. Guess fans just have a hate on for the guy for some reason.

It was one game.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
It was one game.

he's been playing quite well for more than one game. Playing well for enough games to at least give the hint that he's recovering. The stretch of bad games has been broken for sure. So does that mean the slump is over? Probably need a bit more time to determine that, but he's on his way.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He had a break on the soft one between the legs that just slid wide, but he deserved it after all the head scratchers he's delivered.

They showed an angle at one point that showed that he caught that one with his left leg as it was about to go five hole, and steered it wide. So he made his luck there.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
great game by Bernier :handclap:

this was an entertaining game , like watching the world jrs but with much better goaltending

so glad Kessel isn't on this team anymore

I wish we could play against Kessel every game.

This team would have a way better record.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
http://i.imgur.com/HMOd4Bi.gif
showing bermier some love. #classy

sorry I dont know how to imbed gifs

Well Hornqvist being a seventh rounder knows what its like to battle through adversity I am sure. He is having a tough season this year but I think he has a good contract for past efforts.

Nice to see Bernier smile after the pat. I love seeing Bernier do well, I like all three of our guys, just want to see them battle it out. It really looked like Bernier was laissez-faire for a while. Hope his marriage is okay, I know all too well what can happen to your mood and performance at your job if it sucks.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock addresses the media following Toronto's 3-2 shootout win over Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Anyone know where I can get the babcock interview after the game? Love hearing that guy and that country Canada voice. Now that is funny, someone posted it at same time. Thanks lols

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Not as entertaining as he usually is, he is probably tired himself and wants to back home, tough on a coach as involved as he, on a back to back as well.

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
Just watched Deon's interview, why does he sound like he is always out of breath?

I know he just played a hockey game, but ever other interviewed player seems fine

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
All jokes aside it was solid statement game by Bernier after what happend last night. Hopefully this will build his confidence to play better for games ahead.

It's up to him whether it's a statement game or simply another tease. He's learning that being an NHL goalie requires 100% every night, not just sometimes.

It's up to him to decide if he wants it, really.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Just watched Deon's interview, why does he sound like he is always out of breath?

I know he just played a hockey game, but ever other interviewed player seems fine

Yeah, no doubt some mvo2 issues huh.....? So brilliant on a simple basis that Babs doesn't play him as much as the other guys before him did.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Matthew Murray 21 years old, and has now played 4 games lowest save percentage .917.

.938 for the 4 games.

For real, or yet to be figured out?

6'4", doesn't have to grow an inch or two ... ;)

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Matthew Murray 21 years old, and has now played 4 games lowest save percentage .917.

.938 for the 4 games.

For real, or yet to be figured out?

6'4", doesn't have to grow an inch or two ... ;)

I really loved his game and it wasn't just about him making saves but how he stayed not only patient but didn't go straight to butterfly.

I'm NO goalie expert, but most big guys these days are pure blockers and it seems different with this kid.

Anyone who watches him or knows about him, would you say his stand-up/butterfly/hybrid goalie?

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Murray looked great. I was hoping we'd get him in the Kessel trade, too bad we didn't.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
With Froese out, Bozak had to PK more tonight, and it looked good.

He has some pretty good speed, maybe worked on it keeping up with the previously speedy Kessel?

With his reasonable contract I could see some playoffs teams having some interest in a center you can use anywhere.

Maybe a team with players coming up for big deals they might not want to pay. If the Bolts re-sign Stamkos, they could have some cap trouble.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Bernier played great tonight but we have seen him with these great starts before in the past. It is on him to try and string a few of these together. That's the rough thing to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad