Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Penguins - bernyay!

OvenMittz*

I noticed a bunch of botched shots by him too..

He played okay, he created some chances for himself but his finish was really bad this game.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Weird, I haven't watched too many full games this season and watch this one from cover to cover and yeah, it was very, very entertaining.... Very wide open game. Loved it.

Yes, I would like to get this Murray guy back. Perhaps a prospect and Kapanen back?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
We have an actual PGT? :laugh:

Solid night by Bernier. I've been on his case, he needed to be better and he stepped it up.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
All jokes aside it was solid statement game by Bernier after what happend last night. Hopefully this will build his confidence to play better for games ahead.
There was a definite difference in his game that hasn't been there since his first year with the leafs, he eye of the tiger? Haha
Lets hope this tough stretch has taught him a lesson and he competes like that every game.

mikebel111*

I noticed a bunch of botched shots by him too..

He played okay, he created some chances for himself but his finish was really bad this game.

Maybe a couple but I thought Kadri was amazing today. One of the best forwards today

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Goal, +1, 4pim, 6 shots, 5hits, 1 blk, 22toi. Dion filling up the stat sheet for my fantasy team.

paws: but he isn't a #1

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
great game by Bernier :handclap:

this was an entertaining game , like watching the world jrs but with much better goaltending

so glad Kessel isn't on this team anymore

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That was an incredibly entertaining game. One of the best so far this season.

Kudos to both goaltenders for putting on a clinic. That was the first time this season that Bernier resembled his former self.

Will it finally mark a turning point for him this season? Time will tell.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Was he paired up against Crosby or Malkin? Im not sure.

Both .. I noticed that it was either one or the other all night. He was excellent though, really too bad he couldn't pot one. I haven't seen him miss that many chances to score in one game in awhile - he needs to start burying those! Still picked up an assist at least.

His takeaway from Malkin that led to that breakaway in the second was awesome. Also made a nifty feed at his blue line to Rielly to led a 2 on 1, but Rielly rang it off the post.

10/18 on the draw .. Struggled a bit recently in that department so this was nice to see.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
man this place sure is a ghost town without them bernie haters

guess that explains it, there are far more bernie haters than reimer haters here, and by a wide margin i'd reckon

and for the record i'm not a fan of either of them, i'd love to see them both moved out when the time is right

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Goalies night out.

Both of them were great.

That was a game worth watching, excellent entertainment value.

Yes, it was a fun game to watch, especially with no crazy goals being allowed. :amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad