Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat McDavid again

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
btw any news on Gardiner and Dermott? How long are they expected to be out? Only 14 more games till the playoffs. Would want them to get in at least 5 to 6 games before playoffs begin
Both are still week to week. Last I heard, Dermott should be back a few games before the playoffs. Gardiner might be longer

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
All these loser points talks crack me up. The Leafs benefited from that the most two seasons ago as they beat the hot Tampa and Isles teams for the final playoff spot.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
“They’re just …,” said McDavid. “They’re a good hockey team, they are solid all over, they never make mistakes, obviously skilled, they just come at you in waves.
“So they’re a good team.”

7 years.

Hitchcock...“But man, from an evaluation standpoint, this was really a rich hockey game. The two best players, for me, were both goalies, and then probably (Morgan) Rielly after that. They’re a deep team and the competition’s rich, so unless you were on top of your game every shift, you got exposed.”

Not coming here Hitch.

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
All these loser points talks crack me up. The Leafs benefited from that the most two seasons ago as they beat the hot Tampa and Isles teams for the final playoff spot.

2016-17

Regulation Wins

TOR 39
NYI 39
TBL 38

Goal Differential

TOR +11
TBL +7
NYI -1

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
This.

Oilers top end talent is arguably one of the best in the league and they put up a 2 spot on an extended man advantage. I don't see why people are bringing up Boston and Tampa because of this because those teams top 3-4 guys really aren't that much more better.

Leafs played a good game overall. Oilers made some good plays in that last two minute stretch and converted on their scoring chances.

Some Leafs fans and most of the trolls really need to get a grip on reality or get therapy to straighten out their heads.

Your right about the Bruins players compared to ours but the difference is they all show up in the Playoffs. It’s still early and maybe Matthews was hurt last year but if we want a chance to beat Boston we need everyone to be playing to their top abilities.

A45B408C-8561-4791-BEB8-172D58E179F3.gif

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
That meltdown was brutal. And it was against Oilers... If it was Tampa or Boston I could understand it a little bit, but meltdown like that against terrible team is just simply terrible. Can't blame that on Babcock it's the players and they seem to understand that playoffs are near and they start to suck.

You can't let a team make that kind of free passes on the slot.
sry, that meltdown is 100 % on Babcock. He should know better and did not put AM34 on ice when it was 6 Vs 5. Hey, Oilers was not a terrible team when it was 6 vs 5. They have 3 great NHL players.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
“They’re just …,” said McDavid. “They’re a good hockey team, they are solid all over, they never make mistakes, obviously skilled, they just come at you in waves.
“So they’re a good team.”

7 years.

Hitchcock...“But man, from an evaluation standpoint, this was really a rich hockey game. The two best players, for me, were both goalies, and then probably (Morgan) Rielly after that. They’re a deep team and the competition’s rich, so unless you were on top of your game every shift, you got exposed.”

Not coming here Hitch.
Rielly was flying last night. So he is not wrong. Edmonton goalie did not stop pucks completely as there was a lot of pucks laying around but he did have a good game. Freedy was outstanding. The cheers were loud live I watch the game on recording and they do not sound as loud. Morgan’s Family was at the game as well. They are great people.

Ps Marleau was very good last night as well watching live. On TV he looked ok. As I do not get to many Leaf games I wonder if this is true more.

Last edited:
Reactions: crump

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Disc problem in his back and giving it rest and it doesn't need surgery at this time according to Sportsnet Chris Johnson.

Good asset management, Kyle. Time machine back to July and trade him like many of us wanted. Just what we need...a player with one eye on his current team and the other eye on his future team and future payday.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
at what point do you give Andersen less starts than Sparks?

Once the playoffs are clinched but they're locked into 3rd?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
at what point do you give Andersen less starts than Sparks?

Once the playoffs are clinched but they're locked into 3rd?

I'd rather keep him busier than not.

I think Anderson thrives on the workload and bringing him in cold would be a mistake. He had an off series last year but it certainly wasn't due to fatigue, he was just inconsistent.

I'm confident he'll have a better series this year and just gotta hope he peaks at the right time just like his play right after the playoffs as the busiest keeper at the world saving 50 a night and winning best keeper.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
They'll probably drop it on the first handover, and LeaFland will light their torches:naughty:

I believe it did, there was another incident in the 1st as well that prevented the Leafs from clearing, linesman screaming at Freddy to put the puck into play with Oilers in the vicinity. I believe it was Hainsey who told one to shut-up.

Come on man, it will never happen when Zaitsev is in the line-up, even if he get's moved the media will find someone els

JT may be the best UFA signed anywher

4 more goals and he sets the record

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I'd rather keep him busier than not.

I think Anderson thrives on the workload and bringing him in cold would be a mistake. He had an off series last year but it certainly wasn't due to fatigue, he was just inconsistent.

I'm confident he'll have a better series this year and just gotta hope he peaks at the right time just like his play right after the playoffs as the busiest keeper at the world saving 50 a night and winning best keeper.

That's true. This wouldn't come into play until 2 1/2 - 3 weeks from now at the earliest.

It wouldn't shock me though the last week, if Sparks got 3/4 starts

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Good asset management, Kyle. Time machine back to July and trade him like many of us wanted. Just what we need...a player with one eye on his current team and the other eye on his future team and future payday.
I'd have 2 eyes on the future team and payday if I was Gardiner. The tone has been set by the young guys. Plus booing.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Plenty of people are going to say we fell apart with a few minutes to go. Almost like it was 6 on 5.................

Ps: Hey Boston, keep winning every game by one goal. Smells like a recipe for success to me.

Yep, they are getting lucky and it's against bottom 10 teams. Well we play the Bolts next, let's hope we can pull a "Minnesota" on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad