Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat McDavid again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I don't think Kapanen and Johnsson are natural goal scorers. You're right, they're fast. But a team only has so many natural goal scorers. IMO Nylander is the same. Skillful, fast but not a great finisher.

Different story his last 2 seasons.
Im willing to bet next season Nylander is sniping.

The off season of contracts, staying in europe, or coming to N.America and eating lavishly really took a toll this season for the guy

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
sry, that meltdown is 100 % on Babcock. He should know better and not put AM34 on ice when it was 6 Vs 5. Hey, Oilers was not a terrible team when it was 6 vs 5. They have 3 great NHL players.

Because we don't want to have him develop by putting him in tough situations?

Wild card spot would probably have suited us better.
Just saying.

Somebody's afraid of the Bruins. :lol:

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
That meltdown was brutal. And it was against Oilers... If it was Tampa or Boston I could understand it a little bit, but meltdown like that against terrible team is just simply terrible. Can't blame that on Babcock it's the players and they seem to understand that playoffs are near and they start to suck.

You can't let a team make that kind of free passes on the slot.

What Meltdown? I must have been sleeping.. Did we lose the game or win the game? Just because they made it uncomfortable for you, doesn't mean they didn't get the job done which was getting the win.

If the leafs are in game 7 of the 1st or 2nd round and the EXACT situation happened, would you be crying about that "meltdown" or that we got the W and advanced to the next round?

Reactions: Raging Bull

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Oiler fans continue to yap avout how great mcdavid and draisaitl are.

But the oilers lose yet again.
They have been alright recently. Maybe if you watch more than 1 team you'll figure that out. 2 players cant lead a team to the playoffs. How do you think we'd be doing with Lucic and their defense on our team?

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
They have been alright recently. Maybe if you watch more than 1 team you'll figure that out. 2 players cant lead a team to the playoffs. How do you think we'd be doing with Lucic and their defense on our team?
That wasnt really my point. The conversation with them is all about their 2 players. Theyll constantly brag how great mcdavid and draisaitl are, even tobfans of teams that thump them every time. Its ridiculous.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Or 31 starts by Cam Talbot. Teams play completely different in front of a shaky goalie. Look at how St Louis improved after Binnington. Once they stopped freaking out every time the opposition got the puck, their scoring went up.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Yep, they are getting lucky and it's against bottom 10 teams. Well we play the Bolts next, let's hope we can pull a "Minnesota" on them

They finally have a tough stretch coming up and they are only 15-10-6 on the road with 10 more road games to play.

We could be in 2nd by Thursday if it all goes right but I think this one is going to the last game of the season to find out who gets that 2nd spot.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Another worrying collapse in the third. Yes, they are 31-1 (32-1?) when taking a lead into the third, but they have lost or almost lost the lead several times.

Kadri looked not good, but it was his first game back.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
Another worrying collapse in the third. Yes, they are 31-1 (32-1?) when taking a lead into the third, but they have lost or almost lost the lead several times.

Kadri looked not good, but it was his first game back.
The Leafs could win the cup and some fans would be complaining on here about how they almost blew the lead lmao

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The Leafs could win the cup and some fans would be complaining on here about how they almost blew the lead lmao
I'm happy they won, but I would be even happier if they did it without giving the other team some many good opportunities to come back.

I seem to recall some recent playoff games where the gave up even fewer chances, and lost. Good thing they were playing the Oilers last night.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
I'm happy they won, but I would be even happier if they did it without giving the other team some many good opportunities to come back.

I seem to recall some recent playoff games where the gave up even fewer chances, and lost. Good thing they were playing the Oilers last night.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Again...you're not the coach, nothing you say will ever have any bearing as to what happens with the Leafs. If your opinion even meant anything hockey related it wouldn't be posted on here. Just enjoy watching the team and stop worrying about things you literally have no control over. Who cares if they were up 3-0 and gave up 2 goals in the last minute but still won? The Bruins who half this board loses their minds over were tied 2-2 against the worst team in the league until they won it in the final minute of regulation. If that were the Leafs, you damn well know your ass would complaining about how it took until the last minute to beat the worst team in the NHL and how the Bruins are going to destroy us.

Stop seeking misery and enjoy the team. If you're actually a "fan" that is.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Again...you're not the coach, nothing you say will ever have any bearing as to what happens with the Leafs. If your opinion even meant anything hockey related it wouldn't be posted on here. Just enjoy watching the team and stop worrying about things you literally have no control over. Who cares if they were up 3-0 and gave up 2 goals in the last minute but still won? The Bruins who half this board loses their minds over were tied 2-2 against the worst team in the league until they won it in the final minute of regulation. If that were the Leafs, you damn well know your ass would complaining about how it took until the last minute to beat the worst team in the NHL and how the Bruins are going to destroy us.

Stop seeking misery and enjoy the team. If you're actually a "fan" that is.
Well, most of your post makes no sense, beyond complaining about me.

Did you enjoy the team the last couple of years? So did I. Would you have enjoyed it more if they had won at least one playoff round? If so, then you are agreeing with me, even as you criticize me.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
Well, most of your post makes no sense, beyond complaining about me.

Did you enjoy the team the last couple of years? So did I. Would you have enjoyed it more if they had won at least one playoff round? If so, then you are agreeing with me, even as you criticize me.
You need to work on your reading comprehension then.

I did enjoy the past 2 years, I wasn't expecting them to get past either the Caps or Bruins. They were underdogs (severe underdogs against the Caps) in both series.

If you don't understand why not to get worked up about something you have no control over...by all means continue and ruin your health so you stop posting here.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
You need to work on your reading comprehension then.

I did enjoy the past 2 years, I wasn't expecting them to get past either the Caps or Bruins. They were underdogs (severe underdogs against the Caps) in both series.

If you don't understand why not to get worked up about something you have no control over...by all means continue and ruin your health so you stop posting here.
You are the one getting worked up about something beyond your control - another poster's opinion.

All I said was that I would be happier if they played better. Don't you agree?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You are the one getting worked up about something beyond your control - another poster's opinion.

I do. And more entertaining.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019

I said that if the Leafs won the cup but almost blew the lead in the clinching game, you'd be in here complaining about how they almost blew the lead instead of being happy they won.

And you agreed lmao

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I said that if the Leafs won the cup but almost blew the lead in the clinching game, you'd be in here complaining about how they almost blew the lead instead of being happy they won.

And you agreed lmao
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad