Post-Game Talk: Leafs Beat Flames 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Didn't play very well, but need to find ways to win when you don't have it. Credit to Hutch. He was solid again. In typical fashion he allowed a weak goal which is common for him, but he didn't let it snow ball.
Good team building game and especially for Hutch. In certain moments, he was stealing us a win.
You can do a lot worse then Hutch as your 3rd stringer.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
really starting to bother me that our current 3rd liners are on pace for like 20 point seasons...thats not gonna cut it if you want to beat great teams in a playoff series...took keefe awhile to get the top 2 lines right, hes gotta get the bottom 6 right, especially that oh so important third

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Nice to see line 2 show up on the score sheet.

Sweet pass by marner on the matthews goal.

Did anyone else barely notice gaudreau? I used to love watching his highlights but he's been well below a ppg the last 1.5 seasons.

Reactions: willmma

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Hutch seems like such a nice guy you want him to do well. This win is so important. He has been good this season, but this game you can really say he won it for us.

Agreed, we we're hating on him big time at first intermission, but he totally came in clutch for the rest of the game, making some very important saves to give the boys the confidence to win this game. I am sure this is a huge confidence booster for him. Now we run with Campbell tonight and secure another likely win! GLG!!!!!!!!!!

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Gotta love how overrated these dinosaur coaches like Sutter are. We had one ourselves in Babcock who way overstayed his welcome.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
That Matthews goalie was a beauty. Good hit on Tkachuk. turtled from the hit instead of chipping it out, kept the puck in. Hyman wins the puck battle, as usual, and I love it. Down low pass, Marner feed to Matty, beauty. Just made it that much better that the rat is the one who got dropped for the turnover.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Gotta love how overrated these dinosaur coaches like Sutter are. We had one ourselves in Babcock who way overstayed his welcome.
Meh can't blame this on Sutter. The roster can't perform and the defence continues to get overrated.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Didn't play very well, but need to find ways to win when you don't have it. Credit to Hutch. He was solid again. In typical fashion he allowed a weak goal which is common for him, but he didn't let it snow ball.
Good team building game and especially for Hutch. In certain moments, he was stealing us a win.
You can do a lot worse then Hutch as your 3rd stringer.

he’s our backup goalie. He isn’t supposed to shutout the other team every game. He earned the win. This “typical fashion” talk is overly negative. While I admit he let in a softie, it wasn’t typical. He is a good backup goalie and top 20 in the NHL.

Reactions: egd27

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
really starting to bother me that our current 3rd liners are on pace for like 20 point seasons...thats not gonna cut it if you want to beat great teams in a playoff series...took keefe awhile to get the top 2 lines right, hes gotta get the bottom 6 right, especially that oh so important third

Bottom 6 paces:

Spezza 44
Thornton 38
Kerfoot 35
Simmonds 25
Mikheyev 24
Engvall 20

Last year TBay bottom 6:

Coleman 40
Gourde 35
Goodrow 31
Maroon 29
Paquette 24
Joseph 16 / Stephens 13

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Even strength road production since last season

Screenshot_20210405-022538_Twitter.jpg

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
he’s our backup goalie. He isn’t supposed to shutout the other team every game. He earned the win. This “typical fashion” talk is overly negative. While I admit he let in a softie, it wasn’t typical. He is a good backup goalie and top 20 in the NHL.
Wasn't being negative. Just pointing it out. He has been terrific though. He's been a reliable backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad