Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Bruins 4-2 without 2 of our best players.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I would rather see the habs win the cup than the bruins. There fanbase from mods to regulars like to crap on the leafs. I really want to play them in the playoffs and win.

It's respect. The Habs, Sabres, Sens, they don't like us, but they have the maturity to admit we're a good team. And it goes both ways. I've been expecting Buffalo to turn the corner for awhile now and though they're hot they're a solid team. I respect Boston as a team a lot. They have great forwards, especially when they get a cycle on. But take a gander at the Bruins board and 50% of the posts are nothing but "Laffs f***ing suck garbage overrated team worst defense in the league will never win a playoff series Nylander is an overrated little shit they'll have to trade 2 of Marner/Nylander/Matthews to keep the team together Dubas is a f***ing moron should still be playing with tinker toys DeBrusk is more valuable than Matthews" and on and on and on and on. It's like, y'all always beat us, why so goddamn insecure? No class, no grace, no humility.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It's respect. The Habs, Sabres, Sens, they don't like us, but they have the maturity to admit we're a good team. And it goes both ways. I've been expecting Buffalo to turn the corner for awhile now and though they're hot they're a solid team. I respect Boston as a team a lot. They have great forwards, especially when they get a cycle on. But take a gander at the Bruins board and 50% of the posts are nothing but "Laffs ****ing suck garbage overrated team worst defense in the league will never win a playoff series Nylander is an overrated little **** they'll have to trade 2 of Marner/Nylander/Matthews to keep the team together Dubas is a ****ing moron should still be playing with tinker toys DeBrusk is more valuable than Matthews" and on and on and on and on. It's like, y'all always beat us, why so goddamn insecure? No class, no grace, no humility.

"Don't ever try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer".

I prefer the 'take the higher road' route and just ignore the other side while not stooping to their level. I highly suggest everyone here do the same. You'll be happier that way.

On that note I'm getting pretty tired of reading about the Bruins board, posters, and all that petty fanbase shit so can we please stop posting about that and keep the comments about the game? Otherwise I'll start getting mad.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
"Don't ever try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer".

I prefer the 'take the higher road' route and just ignore the other side while not stooping to their level. I highly suggest everyone here do the same. You'll be happier that way.

On that note I'm getting pretty tired of reading about the Bruins board, posters, and all that petty fanbase **** so can we please stop posting about that and keep the comments about the game? Otherwise I'll start getting mad.

I never engage. Internet fights are for losers. My policy is always engage with what's productive and ignore everything else.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
lets be real, some in this fanbase are no better or worse than boston fans after a loss..heck even after a win. good news is, none of this crap really matters. wins are wins and i will take any win happily and move on to the next.
i can see a real nasty rivalry with boston in the coming years, which is fun :)

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
Bruins were missing 3 of their top 4 dMen and then lose another regular dman in the first. Leafs should have dominated them.

It is almost like defence is over-rated by most hockey fans and all you need is an adequate defence but a very good offence and smart GMs (Dubas) have figured this out and don’t trade away their top line wingers for top 4 defencemen.

Reactions: Zizzzzy and weems

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
1. Glad we won. Keep banking points in this hell division.

2. Please Sign, Bill.

3. For those that watched the video posted by Fenway:

lol at Edwards pining over the posts hit by boston. He almost had a whole highlight pack without bruin-ism. (To be fair he is basically their joe bowen. Who cares what he or other fans say, just try to enjoy the win)

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
It is almost like defence is over-rated by most hockey fans and all you need is an adequate defence but a very good offence and smart GMs (Dubas) have figured this out and don’t trade away their top line wingers for top 4 defencemen.

hmmm....looking at the last 3 cup winners.....

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
It is almost like defence is over-rated by most hockey fans and all you need is an adequate defence but a very good offence and smart GMs (Dubas) have figured this out and don’t trade away their top line wingers for top 4 derencemen.
to me an elite goaltender is the biggest factor in hockey..always has been and always will be the player that will have the most say in deciding a teams fate on a night to night basis. halak has been a very very good pickup for the bruins.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
id like to point out that only 6 games this season we have been outclassed in scoring chances for/against and high danger scoring chances for/against(within 2 for/against in both categories). We have either lead or have come in that margin for every single game. Shots/corsi is misleading, we just don't throw everything on net.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
id like to point out that only 6 games this season we have been outclassed in scoring chances for/against and high danger scoring chances for/against(within 2 for/against in both categories). We have either lead or have come in that margin for every single game. Shots/corsi is misleading, we just don't throw everything on net.
I think the opposition is forced into taking shots and trying to put pressure on that way. If they try to move the puck around too much to look for quality chances, the Leafs could easily pick off a pass and get an odd man rush the other way. Teams pretty much always have to be wary of the Leafs offensively

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I think the opposition is forced into taking shots and trying to put pressure on that way. If they try to move the puck around too much to look for quality chances, the Leafs could easily pick off a pass and get an odd man rush the other way. Teams pretty much always have to be wary of the Leafs offensively
yeah we have been out chancing almost every team or been about equal in 19/25 games which is very solid.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
f***
The team needs to shoot more. I really enjoy this kinda hockey its fast and pretty but our guys tend to be too pretty most of the time. And its not just Marner but "our" top guys do this all the f***ing time.
Im happy for the W but f***.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They're as wise as they are gracious. Anything to distract from the fact that Bergeron's and Marchand's tail prime years are wasting away like fruit on a dying tree. The Seguin and Hamilton trades and their bizarre 2015 first rounders stamped out what could've been a dynasty.

This poster is dead on. Having 3 cracks at Barzal and passing was mind boggling and Colin White should have been a lay up..... but

upload_2018-11-27_1-9-57.png

Seguin and Hamilton?

Seguin became the scapegoat for losing the 2013 Cup to Chicago. From all accounts, I have heard it was Jeremey Jacobs who wanted him gone just like he wanted Joe Thornton gone.

Hamilton just didn't fit in the room.

I believe when both teams are healthy the Leafs and Bruins are very close, but neither team can deal with a healthy Tampa Bay. The Leafs problem will be how they deal with salary cap issues the next couple of years.

The team to be scared about in the Atlantic is Buffalo.

TimPeel

Dec 10, 2017
I really don't the complaints about guys in our bottom six. Our depth is great. I really like the work the fourth line does.

Reactions: Lauro

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
I never engage. Internet fights are for losers. My policy is always engage with what's productive and ignore everything else.
I agree and would go so far as to discourage anyone from going over to even read the Bruins board. I made that mistake and now my eyes cannot unsee that which they have seen. My wife claims that the short time I spent there has made me noticeably stupider and fears I may never recover. However, she says that about many things I do, and therefore, is not a particularly reliable judge of these things

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I think stats like these are way better and telling than just looking at a basic shot counter, when determining which team drove the play.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Kadri's assist rate is only slightly higher then JVR or Lindholm, where his goal-scoring rate is closer to that of Phil Kessel's.
Yes the passing is okay, but it's not going to launch players like Leivo, C.Brown, etc. into stardom. If Nylander came back
and was put on Kadri's wing, Kadri starts popping in goals. If Nylander was put on center and had C.Brown as a winger,
Brown starts popping in goals. Hell Nylander assisted on C.Brown goals last season... something Kadri couldn't do even
though that was his right-winger.

So line matching has nothing to do with that conclusion... Cool story bro

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Looked like a playoff team yesterday. Great game. Guys were blocking shots, creating opportunities, Anderson stood on his head, etc. All round good team effort.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I thought that would have been easier

Definitely but divisional games rarely ever are. Their roster right now is much worse than the Philly team the Leafs disposed quickly.

Even Ottawa plays us tough. The disadvantage of being Toronto is that every team in the league like has this game circled on their calendar. No one wants to play bad against the Leafs.

Doughty was pissed that he played bad against us the first time and then he said it won’t happen again and it happened again, with his friends and family watching him at the ACC.

Reactions: ACC1224

The90

Feb 27, 2017
The team needs to shoot more. I really enjoy this kinda hockey its fast and pretty but our guys tend to be too pretty most of the time. And its not just Marner but "our" top guys do this all the ****ing time.
Im happy for the W but ****.
The 3 on 1 where marner looks off tavares, drops it back to Reilly, who tries to pass back to marner, and no shot as a result of a grade A opportunity comes to mind.

That’s a byproduct of high confidence in teams. I do agree they could pick their spots to shoot a bit more, but that confidence allows the team to be resilient and hold onto leads this year as opposed to playing possum and trying not to get scored on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad