Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Bruins 4-2 without 2 of our best players.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
I hope we meet the Bruins in the playoffs. Earlier the better. Not saying the Leafs will beat them but if they do it will set them up for the rest of the playoffs to go on and win.
I think some of their fans are over the top but to be fair this fan base has some colourful characters as well. :sarcasm:
The Bruins are a good team. You have to have respect for them. Big, fast and hard.
I reckon the last 2 game 7 losses to them were due to self doubt not skill.
Wouldn't have got to game 7 without skill.
Beating them in a game 7 or earlier will do wonders for this franchise.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I hope we meet the Bruins in the playoffs. Earlier the better. Not saying the Leafs will beat them but if they do it will set them up for the rest of the playoffs to go on and win.
I think some of their fans are over the top but to be fair this fan base has some colourful characters as well. :sarcasm:
The Bruins are a good team. You have to have respect for them. Big, fast and hard.

I'm not proud, I'm more than happy punting crappy teams and winning the cup that way

**** Boston, I don't care who knocks them out as long as we're going on our merry way

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
z4kugub7cs021.jpg

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Why would you want to go up against a team that has our number and which our guys have experienced 2 bad game 7 defeats both in the 3rd period? I can't understand that thinking. The one thing I would do as a coach is next week we go back into their building. We need to beat them down so hard they remember it. I mean Sittler style. Like bury 10 on them.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Why would you want to go up against a team that has our number and which our guys have experienced 2 bad game 7 defeats both in the 3rd period? I can't understand that thinking. The one thing I would do as a coach is next week we go back into their building. We need to beat them down so hard they remember it. I mean Sittler style. Like bury 10 on them.

It's a process.
I have experienced it myself in sport.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

If you were the coach you would do that? Could you do it every game?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
At the beginning of the playoffs I picked the winner of the CBJ Wash series to play Nash in the final.

Yes, I believe the Leafs will need to add a dimension of physical play if they want success in the playoffs.

Thats a helluva prediction considering the Pens were in the way but if you like the heavier teams and counted on the Atlantic beating the hell out of each other, I can see it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Thats a helluva prediction considering the Pens were in the way but if you like the heavier teams and counted on the Atlantic beating the hell out of each other, I can see it.

Pitt was tired after two long seasons and didn’t have MAF.

I pulling for a Nashville and Washington Cup final this season.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Big win, Marner was unreal, and I thought Kadri had a strong game too, just didn’t get the bounces.

Need to find a way to shutdown Pasta though, he always torches us. We were missing Matthews and Nylander, but they were missing Bergeron, Chara, McAvoy and Carlo (plus Miller for most of the game), which is quite a bit worse, that’s 3 of their top 4 D. IMO we remain significant underdogs in a playoff series unless we can figure out how to shutdown Pasta.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Beyond 2 points, season wins against Boston mean nothing to me. We swept the season series against them and lost in the first round, and that’s all anyone cares to remember.

We won’t have any cred in the playoffs until we meet and beat Boston. Until then, we are like Ottawa back in the 2000’s: owning us in season only to get knocked out by us when it really mattered, in the playoffs.

..... having said that, it’s always great to beat Boston. Can’t stand them and I can’t stand their fans.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You're a Leafs' fan wouldn't you like the Leafs to be there?

Well yes, but we were originally talking about last year predictions and, as of today, I think the Preds and Caps will meet in the final. Again, as of today, I dont see the Leafs as a legit contender yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad