Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Avs | Tuesday, January 21st 7pm MT | Scouting our future players

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
I have a feeling EJ is just gonna dominate tonight after a few meh performances in the last few. He's gonna bury two goals and add an assist. +4 tonight.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Seems like all of this "hate" developed from the trade proposal forum.

Pretty silly..

Agreed, it's pretty nonsensical. I have no particular dislike for the Leafs or their fans. Just like Eskimo44 and his like don't make me hate Edmonton or their fans, it just makes my ignore list a little bit longer.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I hate all the western conference teams, it's much sweeter to beat one of them than a team from the east. Though it is nice knowing the media is watching because I doubt the national media pays any attention otherwise. I feel like the Avs have been a team others have been getting "up" for, why we've had so much trouble against backup goalies.

Yeah I don't want to play well because I care about beating the leafs. I want to play well tonight because we are getting no recognition for being 6th in the nhl and right in there points and wins-wise with the top dogs. People do t watch the Avs but they watch the leafs

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The Leafs did the Avs a favor last night by beating Phoenix. A win tonight would further the gap between the Avs and 9th in the West.

I don't think PAP should automatically get his spot back, but playing him on the 4th mine doesn't make sense. At least put him with Mitchell and Talbot. It's not like McLeod is adding anything to that line other than icing the puck consistently. I expect him moved up by the 2nd period.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
The Leafs did the Avs a favor last night by beating Phoenix. A win tonight would further the gap between the Avs and 9th in the West.

I don't think PAP should automatically get his spot back, but playing him on the 4th mine doesn't make sense. At least put him with Mitchell and Talbot. It's not like McLeod is adding anything to that line. I expect him moved up by the 2nd period.
They should continue their steak of doing us favors and lose tonight and then sweep the rest of their west trip!
That would be nice :)

Bluejaysfan*

Yeah I don't want to play well because I care about beating the leafs. I want to play well tonight because we are getting no recognition for being 6th in the nhl and right in there points and wins-wise with the top dogs. People do t watch the Avs but they watch the leafs

Leafs have more fans ergo more people care about and will watch the Leafs more than the Avs. It is the same with the Habs, Bruins, Flyers, Hawks...

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Would rather have Landy come down with the flu.

I see what you did there.

141203763.jpg

How is it that players always seem to get the flu at some point or another? Do they not get a flu shot? I haven't had the flu in years.

Bluejaysfan*

That's not the point. I understand the differences in market size. Are you aware that not one team from the west besides Chicago is on national TV the entire year in the US?

Why does it matter? Everyone knows the West teams are the best teams in the NHL. In the playoffs, they are all on display on national TV in both the US and Canada when it actually matters. The NHL is a business as well and the teams that produce the most money are situated in the East. If the Leafs, Habs, Rangers, Bruins and Flyers were all on the West coast, they would get more coverage than the East.

member 116861

Is HF glitching or is it just me? or is a mod just deleting a ton of posts in this thread? or am I drunk?

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Why does it matter? Everyone knows the West teams are the best teams in the NHL. In the playoffs, they are all on display on national TV in both the US and Canada when it actually matters. The NHL is a business as well and the teams that produce the most money are situated in the East. If the Leafs, Habs, Rangers, Bruins and Flyers were all on the West coast, they would get more coverage than the East.

Wow, that couldn't be further from the truth. It has nothing to do with the team's. It has to do with the market size. If those teams were on the west coast, whatever team's were then on the east coast in those HUGE markets would get the coverage still.

If you moved the Leafs today to Madison, Wisconsin, you don't think the new Toronto St.Pats(example) would get more tv coverage?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

You are never going to understand because of where you are from. I don't mean it as an insult but it's a matter of perspective. Therefore I'm not going to go there further and derail the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad