Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Avs | Tuesday, January 21st 7pm MT | Scouting our future players

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why is everyone getting so obsessed by other fanbases?

There are a ton of stupid Maple Leaf fans out on this board, but there are a whole bunch of great ones as well. Like every Canadian team (besides the Oilers who normally has stupid ones), you'll get great fans and bad ones considering how big the fanbase is.

Delete this if you want Bubba. V
:facepalm:

You took it out of context, the OP was just mocking all the avs fans that get bad mouthing the leafs.
Too be honest, all Leaf fans *sort of* deserve it a bit considering how much we have to put up with the countless O'Reilly and Stastny threads throughout everywhere. And then don't forget the Duchene vs Kessel, Gardiner vs Avs defensive core, Stastny is only worth Gunnarsson, Bozak on Avs, and all the other historic threads I am forgetting to mention.

Last edited:

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I'd suggest we just ignore anything that Leaf's fans say in an attempt to illicit a response or bash our team/fanbase. We already have enough of that in the groundhog day-esque trade proposals. It would be nice if we win this game and for them not to have anything to moan about comment wise in our GDT. Just a suggestion.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Soooo....... Starting lineups?

ROR Dutchy McGinn
Landy Staz Mac
McLeod Mitchell Talbot
PAP Cliche Bordy

Hejda EJ
Holden Benoit
Wilson Barrie

As much as I want to see PAP work his way back into the lineup on his own merit (putting forth a real effort) I would like to see him and McLeod switch places. I almost worry that PAP will be injured again if he is matched against Toronto's fourth line.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy said he'd be very surprised if Mitchell didn't play. He also said EJ should play too. They just wanted to give those guys the afternoon off. EJ wanted to come to practice but they left him home.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Soooo....... Starting lineups?

ROR Dutchy McGinn
Landy Staz Mac
McLeod Mitchell Talbot
PAP Cliche Bordy

As much as I want to see PAP work his way back into the lineup on his own merit (putting forth a real effort) I would like to see him and McLeod switch places. I almost worry that PAP will be injured again if he is matched against Toronto's fourth line.

Meh, no different than when we were shuffling guys on and off that line when we played with 11 forwards. Just don't put PAP on the PK and he'll be fine. Besides, Bords will protect him...:sarcasm:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'd rather switch Parenteau and McLeod. McLeod has done nothing to deserve a spot on the third line. I would be fine with Parenteau having to earn his spot on the PP instead of McGinn, if you want to ease him in.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
EJ is a warrior. This season in particular he hasn't let anything hold him down. He probably needed a few games with the back injury and I think Roy really wanted him to sit out that one game earlier in the year after getting the shot off his foot in practice. Hopefully he'll be ok but I'm sure he'll tough it out because that's what he does.

Toronto played their 4th line 2 minutes last night. So will be interesting to see what they do with PA on our fourth.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Christine Simpson ‏@SNChrisSimpson 1h
Patrick Roy "Two weeks ago in Toronto they were talking about trading everyone. 2 weeks later they're talking about winning the Stanley Cup"

:biglaugh:

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
EJ is a warrior. This season in particular he hasn't let anything hold him down. He probably needed a few games with the back injury and I think Roy really wanted him to sit out that one game earlier in the year after getting the shot off his foot in practice. Hopefully he'll be ok but I'm sure he'll tough it out because that's what he does.

Toronto played their 4th line 2 minutes last night. So will be interesting to see what they do with PA on our fourth.

2 minutes? Seriously? I would be demanding a trade. Even as a fourth liner that's just uncool. "Yeah, I'm in the bigs, logging a whopping 2 mins a night" :thumbd:

TMLer

I was saying boo-urns
Feb 11, 2013
Ottawa
qjNSrKI.jpg

EDIT:...... I like you guys :(

Last edited:

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Leafs have more fans ergo more people care about and will watch the Leafs more than the Avs. It is the same with the Habs, Bruins, Flyers, Hawks...

I realize that. That's why it's important to play well against them. We are having a damn good season and no one is talking about it since our hot start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad