Pre-Game Talk: Leafs at Senators - Who will suck more in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Sorry just think I'm more old school. Conacher can put up big points when he doesn't have to concern himself with defense. This year he has been very tilted toward improving his defensive game and this has severely hampered his ability to produce offence. The key now is his ability to marry the two together. I think I just get sick of the Stamkos St.Louis thing. OF COARSE you score more playing with those guys, I just find it funny how people ( not you) repeat it like a bunch of parrots.

That's fine, fair enough.

I see Conacher differently, and, like Rocket Richard said, I don't have much optimism about him.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Wish I could share your enthusiasm Allaboard, but 5 point in 30 games is not a good sign!

Terrible sign actually but as I stated before he's learning to play some defense, we will soon see if he can put a complete game together :) Not an easy year for a young guy on this team the way things have gone. I guess I prefer to see optimism in our young players, Weir, Cowen, Gryba have been no better playing in this mess but I still see hope in all of them :nod:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Alright, so I am just arriving home from the game, and here are my few thoughts.

First off on the game as a whole: Sens were the better team. They played quite well, and I cannot be upset with their effort last night. The turning point in the game for me (and what made the Sens lose momentum) was first off the "no goal" call off of an extremely quick whistle. I could clearly see the puck loose from the top of the arena, for whatever reason the Refs could not and blew the whistle. This should not have happened. Also the "good goal" on the one Leafs goal. These two things changed the game, and the Sens did not play well from that point on until the third. That said the Sens came back and played well in the third. Sens are AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL at the shootout. Both shooters and goaltending --- YIKES!

Now for specific players...

Spezza I thought he was fine. Won lots of faceoffs, and did alright. I don't think he was a stand out, but I feel as though he played well.

Zibanejad He was great. Our best player, IMO. And I thought he just showed incredible fight and heart the entire game.

Michalek I personally thought he was fine. I don't think he was amazing... but he played well, and I wasn't completely frustrated as I typically am with him.

Condra Like Zibanejad, I think he was the second best player, and showed incredible heart. He was all over the place, in a good way!

Ryan I thought he was good. I don't think this was his best game, but he played well, and was robbed a bit. He made an amazing block though, and a few great hits out there. Just his shot wasn't as great as its been. But that is me being really nit-picky! He still remains one of our best players.

Turris I thought he also played well. I have no complaints. Like Ryan, not his BEST game, but absolutely no issues with his play. He got robbed and screwed by the refs all in one. The one call on him, I just died laughing that it was called.

MacArthur He remains amazing. He hits, he is fast fast fast, and he is creative, and he's been defensively responsible! I love this 3.5 mil player!

Neil I thought his fight was alright, and otherwise, he did fine. I have no complaints.

Smith Like Neil, no complaints... he was fighting hard and you could tell

Hoffman I really barely noticed him. But I don't think he was awful. But not sure he's set for the NHL yet.

Greening Didn't notice him until the third, but he was getting aggressive and gritty then.

Kassian He was fine. I didn't really see him much, but he got a shot on goal once that I noticed. Either way, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of him. He doesn't even really get gritty...

Karlsson I personally may disagree with most thinking that he was amazing last night. First, I think he was great, but not as great as I'm used to. He lost the puck way too much in the neutral zone, and he kept fumbling with it on the point of the PP. He had great moments however, and is still an incredibly vital piece of our team. And he threw a few amazing hits.... which just made me giggle!

Methot I thought he had a great game. Great hits, made some great offensive moves (nearly scored), and just all around was noticeable in a great way.

Cowen Extremely improved. Like most have said, his best game this year! He was responsible, he was fast, and he had some offensive instinct as well. Keep it up Cowen!

Philips Thought he was good. Nothing bad, nothing really stand outish.

Weircioch Had a few decent set ups on the PP, but otherwise I didn't notice him much.

Corvo Had some good points but didn't notice him a tonne.

So basically that was that... first off Sens need to do better on the PP. They kept passing and passing and passing... and just did NOT shoot enough. They also need to have some finish. With 60 min of effort, and some finish this team is a good team. Sadly we have not had those both consistently with discipline this season very much.

Also, there were FAR more Leafs fans at the Arena than I've ever seen. And boy oh boy are they obnoxious buggers!!! I nearly saw a guy come over to fight these two girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad