Pre-Game Talk: Leafs at Senators - Who will suck more in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
If we play today without effort, list me as one of "trade MacLean" wagon member.
Today is last chance for him in my eyes to show,that he is capable to manage this group.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
It is getting harder and harder to watch this team play. You can't win every game, and n team makes the playoffs very year, but the lack of compete most nights is a huge turnoff. As in turn off the TV.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Look..... you cant go from paddock to hartsburg to clousten .. then finally find a coach of the year in maclean and after half a season dump him. The burden of suck rests on certain players

jmor

Sens and Jets
Aug 20, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Maclean + spezza for Hitchcock

That being said, I'm not on the fire Maclean bandwagon. The team has to take some responsibility. These guys aren't kids. They don't need a babysitter. They should be able to work hard all on their own.

melnyk budget*

Maclean is not even close to being fired. he is not the problem anyway.

He's earned his leeway. first 2 years as coach = coach of the year nominee, and winner.

if we suck all year, he'll be here next year. if we suck the first 30-40 games next season also, then we could see a coaching change.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Fully expecting Toronto to score a terrible goal a minute in followed by our defensemen parting like the Red Sea to make it 2-0 3 minutes in.

If this this team can't show up for this game then I feel like they're done.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, no. Maclean is not being fired. When a two time Jack Adams nominee can't get the players to stop making basic mistakes, then, considering the history of this team to go thru coaches, it's time to look at the players, particularly the core.

He is going to outlast many players on this team if this keeps up.

Maybe if Murray gave the guy some defense too. That would have helped.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
So trade Spezza, Anderson, Neil and Phillips. Waive Conacher, demote Cowen, waive Gryba fire Maclean and find a new owner?

Some sens fans want a lot

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah, no. Maclean is not being fired. When a two time Jack Adams nominee can't get the players to stop making basic mistakes, then, considering the history of this team to go thru coaches, it's time to look at the players, particularly the core.

He is going to outlast many players on this team if this keeps up.

Maybe if Murray gave the guy some defense too. That would have helped.

Speaking of defense, what would be our 'all-defence' roster right now? Considering the Ottawa and Bingo - what would be the all-D starting unit? I've been thinking about that, what with us scoring in bunches when we do score and that making it look like we're better offensively than we really are, what would it look like if our focus was basically do everything we can to keep from getting scored on and just hope to pop one in somewhere along the line. That kinda worked last couple of season, no? Goaltenders still bailed us out - but maybe the quality of shots would go down, if not the quantity.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
So trade Spezza, Anderson, Neil and Phillips. Waive Conacher, demote Cowen, waive Gryba fire Maclean and find a new owner?

No. Sens fans want one thing: wins.

If we got that one thing, no one would want the other eight.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Nah.

I'm fine with Phillips and Neil as long as they're playing the role they deserve. 4th line winger and bottom pair defenseman. Problem is they're not getting the minutes normally attributed to those roles.

Cowen we have to stay patient with.

Gryba is a good #6/7 D to fill in when there's injuries.

Conacher is highly expendable.

I don't see any reason not to trade Spezza and Anderson sometime in the next two years.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
I really hate the feeling of expecting the worst from our boys on a Saturday night against Toronto, especially in our own arena. Unfortunately the performance of the Sens over the past few years against the Leafs warrants this. Well fingers crossed that everything falls in line for the team tonight. It looks like they have played better as of late but are still getting the same results. Maybe the Leafs are just what the doctor ordered, or maybe it will be confirmation that this team just doesn't have what it takes. I expect a big game from Bobby Ryan, Kyle Turris and Zibby

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
MacLean's earned a mulligan year, at the very least.

It's amazing that some people here will whine about how Murray caused a revolving-door of coaches, while also expressing demands that MacLean be let go.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
You just can't win with this fan base.

Anyways, I'm expecting the leafs to notch out a win as per usual with goals by Kadri and Kessel.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
You just can't win with this fan base.

What? You have an entire fan base without winning. This fanbase is ecstatic if we win 60% of our games. This fanbase exists with no Stanley Cups, no hall of famers, 0-4 in the play-offs against our rival, and a history of play-off failures. It's actually quite easy to win this fanbase. We demand mediocrity. ;)

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Good luck Sens fans in today's game (hoping for a 3point game)

Just some things to watch out for.

-If Franson or Rielly are on the ice, there's a huge chance you guys will score.
-If Phaneuf is on the ice, there's very little chance you guys will score.
-Also our PK has very ****, so if you guys get a PP, youll probably score.
-Gameplan is simple, Shutdown leafs 1st line(JVR-Kadri-Kessel), game should be all yours.

Is there anything i should be watching out for?

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
You know what happens when the Leafs are in town?

We lose. Badly. Preparing for a 5-1 loss tonight.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I alternate between being angry at this team, and then feeling shame for being a bad fan. My problem is that all the optimism has been beaten out of me by soul destroying losses like the one in Tampa, losing at home to Columbus, the no show at home to Philly, etc. I still think our core is better that what we see right now, but for whatever reason we just have zero confidence and swagger. My fear is another bad loss tonight, although it goes without saying that I would love to be proven wrong...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

In the background you can hear Andy was the 1st star.

This is what I gotta deal with every time whether a Sens win or Leafs win.

Good luck Sens fans in today's game (hoping for a 3point game)

Just some things to watch out for.

-If Franson or Rielly are on the ice, there's a huge chance you guys will score.
-If Phaneuf is on the ice, there's very little chance you guys will score.
-Also our PK has very ****, so if you guys get a PP, youll probably score.
-Gameplan is simple, Shutdown leafs 1st line(JVR-Kadri-Kessel), game should be all yours.

Is there anything i should be watching out for?

If Cowen is on ice you guys should score a hattrick.

I fully expect you guys to score 2 or more PP goals IF your powerplay is good. Anderson has been brutal(as well as our whole defense) on the PK.

Watch out for Erik Karlsson offensively and our most effective top line with Turris and Ryan, they been slumping and could score huge tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad