Post-Game Talk: Leafs at Buffalo 7:00 p.m. SN, SN1 {Post game Pg 26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Will the second round of cuts come tomorrow? Trying to figure out if I'll be seeing the tavares lineup on monday

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Oz and rosey will be the bottom pair to start the season.
Or Borgman and Ozhiganov if Dermott is still injured.

Babcock's anaysis of Ozhiganov tells me he's pretty much made up his mind. He could still have a horrible game, but once that little nugget finds its way into the Babcock brain stem, it's hard to dislodge it. In this case I think he's right.

Reactions: Mikeyg

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Or Borgman and Ozhiganov if Dermott is still injured.

Babcock's anaysis of Ozhiganov tells me he's pretty much made up his mind. He could still have a horrible game, but once that little nugget finds its way into the Babcock brain stem, it's hard to dislodge it. In this case I think he's right.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rosen get the nod over Borgman... Leafs could try and get Borgman to round his PK game and dominate the AHL... still a young kid.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Zaitsev might have also been more NHL ready as well compared to any of the current incoming crop.
I think I remember that Zaitsev was regarded as the best prospect or best defenceman outside of North America when he was signed.

He made a big difference to that Leafs team. After trading away Phaneuf, all that was left of the defense was Gardiner and Rielly. Then this new guy Zaitsev.

The Leafs made the playoffs that year. If this was Edmonton, the Leafs would have finished last again, lol.

Reactions: Buds17

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Will Dermott make the team?

It is going to be tight. I would rather see Borgman in there.

If Nylander does not sign, we can see a trade coming where the Leafs offer a good package of a good forward with a good defense prospect to land a big fish.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar

If Nylander does not sign, we can see a trade coming where the Leafs offer a good package of a good forward with a good defense prospect to land a big fish.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Rosen has earned it more than Borgman has. I think Borgman is 3rd behind Dermott (just because I think they let him lose his job in the regular season) and Rosen.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Oz and rosey will be the bottom pair to start the season.
I think so and I'm quite pleased with this. Oz has the physical game and a bomb of a slapshot and Rosen's currently more polished than Borgman imo. I could see one of the three being moved as Liljegren gets closer to the roster.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I can see a lot of people misinterpreting this quote.

The way I'm reading it, he's actually complimenting Oz and taking a shot at guys like Carrick/Rosen/Holl? Probably mostly Carrick.

I think he is implying that certain players have certain advantages over others but are not taking advantage and are actually being outplayed by those at a disadvantage.

Reactions: LeafChief

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Rumor has it he is still looking for the dressing room.
Probably, Honestly that looked bad on the Leafs more than anything.. For such a respected and classy franchise you'd think they could send someone to meet all the new rookies how to get into the building on their first day there.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Thought it was kinda funny how so many wrote off zaitsev after last season. He started off strong then got hurt. 2nd season. It all adds up to the sophmore slump.. which does exist for some players.

He'll be fine tho.

Reactions: Lauro

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think I remember that Zaitsev was regarded as the best prospect or best defenceman outside of North America when he was signed.

He made a big difference to that Leafs team. After trading away Phaneuf, all that was left of the defense was Gardiner and Rielly. Then this new guy Zaitsev.

The Leafs made the playoffs that year. If this was Edmonton, the Leafs would have finished last again, lol.

Yes, believe he was regarded as the best defenceman in the KHL. Few guarantees in sports, but that's definitely something tangible to start with. Understatement on my part. A good opportunity on the blueline was there for him to take and he seized that.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Not gonna lie, Buffalo's squad doesnt look that bad at all. Not on paper anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00