Post-Game Talk: Leafs at Buffalo 7:00 p.m. SN, SN1 {Post game Pg 26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I think their top line is pretty good, their top 4 d are potentially pretty good, their goaltending is their biggest question mark though. That and their lack of depth.

Yeah I agree. Hutton is still questionable as he isnt proven yet. Depth wise I think there good when you add the likes of Mittelstat, Thompson and possibly Nylander to the top 9. This is just me guessing a line up not knowing much about them

Skinner - Eichel - Pomminville
Rodriguez- Mittelstat - Reinhart
Berglund - Thompson - Okposo
???? - Girgensons - Nylander

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
They're still making rookie mistakes while showing good potential. I think the plan for them is to dominate their leagues instead of learning in a bottom pairing role at the NHL level.
I agree it's what's best for them, but saying they have no chance doesn't send a good message

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Yeah I agree. Hutton is still questionable as he isnt proven yet. Depth wise I think there good when you add the likes of Mittelstat, Thompson and possibly Nylander to the top 9. This is just me guessing a line up not knowing much about them

Skinner - Eichel - Pomminville
Rodriguez- Mittelstat - Reinhart
Berglund - Thompson - Okposo
???? - Girgensons - Nylander
I think their offensive depth has potential but it's still a question mark as to how good they can be. Mittelstadt is going to be counted on quite a lot and it might be too much to ask from him at the moment.
Sobotka is in there somewhere too, he'll be a bottom 6 center I'm assuming.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I think their offensive depth has potential but it's still a question mark as to how good they can be. Mittelstadt is going to be counted on quite a lot and it might be too much to ask from him at the moment.
Sobotka is in there somewhere too, he'll be a bottom 6 center I'm assuming.

I forgot they got Sobotka too lol. Yeah its a good looking team on paper for sure, but definitely unproven as you said.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
As someone said yesterday it's better to see Andersen start tonight against a better opposing lineup with more NHL players so he can have a better month of October.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
Slow GDT!

I'm looking forward to seeing Picard today against this Sabres lineup. The gamble on keeping Sparks over Mac doesn't seem that risky if you also have Picard that you can trust to fill in as well. Kaskisuo is ready to start a bunch for the Marlies, too.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
After Marincin and Carrick crapped the bed last night against Buffalo's B team lets see how Rosen Borgman Holl and Oz do against their A team.

I kind of stated this already in the thread earlier... but I think that's the plan with the D. The guys playing tonight are in the real battle for the final 6 and 7 spots. I think Rosen, and Ozzy... and possibly Borgman have the inside track.

Who knows what's up with Dermott... I hope he's back next game... big opportunities for these guys though.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I know they aren't playing tonight but I'm hoping we get to see some more of Liljegren-Sandin at some point before the big boys take over.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I know they aren't playing tonight but I'm hoping we get to see some more of Liljegren-Sandin at some point before the big boys take over.
I don't think we will. I'm pretty sure big cuts are coming after this game to make it close to our regular season roster

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You're likely correct. Babcock stated that game 5 will see a lineup close to the final product.

Marlies camp also starts on Monday.
It's still possible that one or both of them remain on the team though. My hope for them is that they become a pairing for the Marlies and then Sweden at the WJC though. They look amazing together

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
It's still possible that one or both of them remain on the team though. My hope for them is that they become a pairing for the Marlies and then Sweden at the WJC though. They look amazing together
For some reason a lot of the Swedish posters don't think Sandin will make the WJC team this year.

I'm obviously judging off of limited viewing but he looks spectacular.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
For some reason a lot of the Swedish posters don't think Sandin will make the WJC team this year.

During the game against the Senators on Wednesday the TSN crew said Sandin looks to be lock for the Sweden WJC team.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

he looks like he should be their #1D, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad