Post-Game Talk: Leafs at Buffalo 7:00 p.m. SN, SN1 {Post game Pg 26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
He never back checks and is a huge piece of work.

He played against our 4th line period. Not that hard to understand and one last thing stay off the Leafs board.

Huge piece of work, he backchecks a lot actually due to his elite skating, this floating your seeing is his gliding that he does before he’s ready to hit his extra stride. Ya know the one Greg millen wouldn’t stop raving about Matthews having. Eichel is no where near as good defensively as an Austin Matthews but he’s faster thus backcheckinf can seem like an effortless task at times. I’d ageee he doesent do it enough but I wouldn’t blame him in a preseason game where he played well and generated a ton of chances along with having a multi point night.

Even still Matthews was the best player on the ice that game.

Sabres need Eichel to have a monumental season to even sniff a wild-card.

They're weak as hell down the middle. You got Eichel and then what? ROR got traded for an eerily low return. Patrik Berglund is a plugger

It’s weak but probably not “weak as hell” bottom ten. rasmus Asplund looks incredible girgensens and Larsson are two fourth liners, Every expert is predicting a 50-60 pt year out of mittlestadt and I’m not ready to throw him out of the running because of a poor camp. Though with him we ne need to see it first over a long stretch and not just five pts in six games.

Berglund can be called a plugger but he’s still a 3C capable of 20 goals and if he gets 15 then it’s still decent.

Losing ROR hurts fornsure but we still have two other options in Tage Thompson or Sam Reinhart down the middle should berglund and mittlestadt not work out. And having a top 1C alone in Eichel is better then Carolina Montreal Vancouver islanders Rangers Detroit starting point by default.

If Barzal has another year like he did I’d knock isles off but he’s yet to prove if he’s just a one year wonder or if he can dknit with the tougher test this year.

Eichel will have to stay healthy and be a PPG player, one or both of mittlestadt and Dahlin have to pan out and one Or both of he new two goalies, as well as a few other things like skinner and Reinhart doing well and a dmen like Pilut or ghule to step up huge and that’s just fin they want to sniff a wildcard spot. I agree.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He never back checks and is a huge piece of work.

He played against our 4th line period. Not that hard to understand and one last thing stay off the Leafs board.
Wonder if Buffalo has any regrets passing on Marner and taking Eichel?

Reactions: stickty111

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
They sure as hell should. Marner is going to get real minutes this year with a player who can benefit from his vision. I hope we get Marner signed soon as he is going to go off. Then we will hear that JT was the reason why he got a ton of points. My opinion of Marner has never changed he is a franchise player and now having 3 of these type players we are going to be good for as long as they stay on the Leafs.

Reactions: ACC1224

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Huge piece of work, he backchecks a lot actually due to his elite skating, this floating your seeing is his gliding that he does before he’s ready to hit his extra stride. Ya know the one Greg millen wouldn’t stop raving about Matthews having. Eichel is no where near as good defensively as an Austin Matthews but he’s faster thus backcheckinf can seem like an effortless task at times. I’d ageee he doesent do it enough but I wouldn’t blame him in a preseason game where he played well and generated a ton of chances along with having a multi point night.

Even still Matthews was the best player on the ice that game.
Go and post of the Sabers board. Not a fan of his at all.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN

Absolutely ridiculous.

Marner is underrated as hell.

But Eichels a guy averaged more points per game then Matthews since Auston entered the league (0.94 >> 0.88) and that’s playing with no Nylander type players on his line on two sprained ankles, matched up against the best shutdown guys in the league and on a team dead last in goals for. As well as playing for two different systems.

He missed 18 percent of the season and still lead his team in scoring getting in on 32 percent of there offense. 44 of his 64 pts came even strength strength in just 67 games. He’s managed over 30 assists in every season he’s ever played while Matthews hasn’t done that once, he was 1 shy of 40 on a team that scored 198 goals in just those 67 games.

You guys don’t watch him enough if you think they are kicking themselves for not taking Marner

But ya know, “we sure as hell should” regret not taking Marner.

I love the player Marner is and see big things for him this year alongside JT. That’s a match made in heaven, but please....only people in the world who would say this are leaf fans who hate Eichel.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Go and post of the Sabres board. Not a fan of his at all.

No problem. All I’ve done is compliment your players, you don’t have to be a fan of his to recognize the young elite talent he possesses. Saying they sure as hell should is one of the most laughable things I’ve heard, no one with any rational thought would not hesitate for a second taking JE 2nd overall.

I tried discussing things logically but there’s no escaping the delusions over here. Almost season time!

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
No problem. All I’ve done is compliment your players, you don’t have to be a fan of his to recognize the young elite talent he possesses. Saying they sure as hell should is one of the most laughable things I’ve heard, no one with any rational thought would hesitate for a second taking JE 2nd overall.

I tried discussing things logically but there’s no escaping the delusions over here. Almost season time!

try not to be so easily trolled :thumbu:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
try not to be so easily trolled :thumbu:

lol, I really can’t understand the difference anymore.

Maybe my fault but it’s a little difficult a lot of these times with “the leafs drafting the better rasmus” comments or eich is not S good as Marner.

I don’t think there’s a tremendous gap there just like I don’t with Matthews and Eichel. Anyways have a good day

Reactions: Maple Leafs

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
They sure as hell should. Marner is going to get real minutes this year with a player who can benefit from his vision. I hope we get Marner signed soon as he is going to go off. Then we will hear that JT was the reason why he got a ton of points. My opinion of Marner has never changed he is a franchise player and now having 3 of these type players we are going to be good for as long as they stay on the Leafs.
eichel is better than marner. there's no debate about it. its foolish and unsurprising you and the other dude think otherwise.

Reactions: nofehr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad