GDT: Leafs at Bruins | HNIC | Nov 9 | 7:00est | #redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
PnAVHAZ.jpg

The Leafs (understandably) are trying to treat this as a normal game - go in and get the two points but I would have to assume that particular games are circled on the calendar. This would be one of them. All roads lead through Boston in the East, so it's simply not "what happened May 13th, 2013" it's to set the tone for the month of November (and quite frankly to shut some people up).

This will be our second test against a team that is expected to challenge to win a cup - the last time did not go so well 3-1 Chicago win. (and you can argue while the Canucks are not a great team, they are a very good team, and we got shut out). So the boys need to come out and smoke out some bears.

20120607035837_auto.gif

:bruins
9-5-1: 19 points, 5th in the Conference/4th in the Atlantic currently holding a wildcard spot
GF: 2.7 (15th)
GA: 1.9 (2nd)
PP: 15.9% (20th)
PK: 83.0% (16th)

:leafs
11-5-0: 22 points, 3rd in the Conference, 2nd in the Atlantic
GF: 3.0 (10th)
GA: 2.3 (7th)
PP: 22.8% (5th)
PK: 86.2%

(line ups (mods can edit?) later on during the day but am sick, so just wanted it up. also wanted a video. :( but am inept).

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Go leafs go. Should be a dandy. Will be nice to see how we respond after the collapse. I know it's just a regular season game, but it is interesting nonetheless.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
have to miss this one. PVR it and hope to survive the night without hearing about it.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Carlyle is giving Reimer a huge vote of confidence tonight. Many observers thought Reimer would have played last night and Bernier would have been given the start tonight.

Let's hope Reimer can maintain his stellar level of play so far this season in Beantown tonight and that the boys don't hang him out to dry.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Bruins are going to punk Kessel all night. Hope the boys show up to play.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I want Toronto to beat them down. And if the Leafs win all the better.

Saul Goodman

Attorney at law
Dec 12, 2009
Toronto
I'm torn on who should start tonight. On one hand the Bruins have seen alot of Reimer and know how to expose his weakness. On the other if Carlyle doesn't give Reimer the chance to redeem himself it could affect his confidence moving forward.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Back to the scene of the crime!

GO LEAFS GO

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Go Leafs Go

Need Clarkson to show up on the scoresheet tonight. Broons will be hammering away at the Kessel line all night.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Well they didn't punk him in the playoffs.

Van showed the blueprint. Kessel and Bolland got punked and the leafs quit. No pushback.

Playoffs are a different beast. I expect this will be more of a street fight.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Go Leafs Go! :yo:

(We alternate our effort on HNiC every other week. Going by that, we should be winning tonight.)

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Besides Lucic and Chara, nobody else on the bruins is really intimidating. Don't get why people still refer to them as the big bad bruins

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
This will be our second test against a team that is expected to challenge to win a cup

Pittsburgh is surely in the mix too no? (We also have a win against the best record in hockey ATM - Anaheim)

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Besides Lucic and Chara, nobody else on the bruins is really intimidating. Don't get why people still refer to them as the big bad bruins

Agreed. Seguin, Peverely and Ference were leaf killers last season and with those guys gone, the Bruins don't look as fierce

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Pittsburgh is surely in the mix too no? (We also have a win against the best record in hockey ATM - Anaheim)

see - that's what I would have thought. :laugh: we beat Anaheim - darn good hockey club, we beat Pittsburgh - darn good hockey club - but everyone pooh-poohed this because (shock - we won those games, and played pretty well defensively, etc).

in all honesty - considering ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs (who imagined last year that the Bruins would have swept Pittsburgh as ugly as they did - or that we would even have taken the Bruins to 7 games, being down 3 games to 1), the rule of thumb truly should be "get to the playoffs." it doesn't matter how ugly it looks getting there, as long as you get there.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
I don't have a good feeling with this being a back to back against one of the better teams in the league. I hope I am wrong and the Leafs show up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad