GDT: Leafs at Bruins | HNIC | Nov 9 | 7:00est | #redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Going back to last year it seems the leafs always play Boston the 2nd of a back to back. I hope they come out hard and play well because if they don't Boston is the team to capitalize.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
This is the kind of game where Bolland would have really helped.

I still can't get over his injury.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
No Bolland or Bozak so we will get destroyed on the dot for sure but outside of that...I am not too worried at all.

This isn't the same Bruins team and this isn't the same Leafs team. We have trouble establishing our game against really fast teams and Boston is definitely not one of them.

If we can get our forecheck going, we have a great chance of winning this one.

EDDIE20*

I dunno... I got a good feeling about this one. I think the Leafs will give them a run for their money tonight.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
3VkSUba.gif

tumblr_mmpu9585Th1r6j6rio1_500.gif

ahahahah these are awesome. :yo:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Over/Under on how many teams CBC replays our meltdown?

I have it at 800

Penalty Kill Icing*

Tonight's puck dropper:

Sam Berns dropping the puck tonight....good kid with a great attitude.

20130308_HBO_Sam_166.jpg

It will be interesting to see him next to Chara on the ice....

Last edited by a moderator:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
..... awwww! :(
he's like Benjamin Button! But in reverse! (not going to cry).

Penalty Kill Icing*

..... awwww! :(
he's like Benjamin Button! But in reverse! (not going to cry).

In the documentary trailer he says: "I put myself in front of you not because I want you to feel bad for me, but because I want you to NOT feel bad for me." :yo:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Going by quotes, Lucic and Julien are pretty humble about Game 7 comeback.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Going by quotes, Lucic and Julien are pretty humble about Game 7 comeback.

to be fair - Lucic during the entire playoff run was pretty much like - we were on borrowed time, we very easily could have been gone home, and gave the Leafs a LOT of credit. (and this goes way back in time when we really stank - Lucic was one of those players who legitimately said - the Leafs are one of those teams who aren't indicative of their record, they are very very good).

he for me is one of those players that you loathe - but would be so happy to have on your team.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
to be fair - Lucic during the entire playoff run was pretty much like - we were on borrowed time, we very easily could have been gone home, and gave the Leafs a LOT of credit. (and this goes way back in time when we really stank - Lucic was one of those players who legitimately said - the Leafs are one of those teams who aren't indicative of their record, they are very very good).

he for me is one of those players that you loathe - but would be so happy to have on your team.

I have pretty much zero hatred towards Boston anymore. Great team, good group of lunch-pail workers who let their playing do the talking.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Thing with a team like Boston is if you make deep playoff runs playing a physical game 2 years out of three you're probably going to start wearing down. Add to the fact they traded their youngest skilled guy and a couple of guys who liked to troll up Toronto, that same intimidation factor just isn't there anymore.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Thing with a team like Boston is if you make deep playoff runs playing a physical game 2 years out of three you're probably going to start wearing down. Add to the fact they traded their youngest skilled guy and a couple of guys who liked to troll up Toronto, that same intimidation factor just isn't there anymore.

Going into tonight doesn't feel like it did the last three years every time we played Boston, good team but like you said the intimidation isn't the same. Just seems like another game.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Bruins are going to punk Kessel all night. Hope the boys show up to play.

Your hoping for a miracle then, Leafs have failed to actually show compete this season (outside of a few games). I expect them to give up at least 35 shots while struggling to get 22-24, Riemer will do the best he can.... but it'll be up to the players to get some timely scoring. I have no faith that this team can come right out and dominate or even go tit for tat, something this season is lacking with them between the ears, sorry but its true.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Hope tonight's a good one folks. :cheers:

Any word on whether or not Orr/MacLaren are playing tonight?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad