Not open for further replies.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
iCQkzoUgyQCuF.gif

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
God that was a great series, besides the outcome. Felt like a war, a true David
Vs Goliath story. And David was minutes away with coming out on top.

I'd like to face them again this year but finish them this time to wipe out slate clean.

Tonight will be a good rematch.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Is it me or do the Ruins come up as the Leafs opponent in the 2nd of back-to-back games or as the third game in four nights more so than any other team over the last few seasons?

I'm glad we have the tandem we do for these games.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
They barely managed to beat a crappy NJ team playing the second night of a back to back and were outplayed most of the night. I don't think the Bruins are that great but this will probably get ugly for the Leafs on their second night of a back to back. If the Leafs manage to get even a point, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
First time in a while where I can tune into a Leafs game on CBC..mainly because of work, I could only listen to the games via Fan590 or TSN1050.
Watching the Games Live instead of listening to it is so much better, however, Joe Bowen and Jim Ralph are so much better than the CBC cast...

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Bruins don't scare me.

The leafs will be ready, they will take it to the bruins.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
They barely managed to beat a crappy NJ team playing the second night of a back to back and were outplayed most of the night. I don't think the Bruins are that great but this will probably get ugly for the Leafs on their second night of a back to back. If the Leafs manage to get even a point, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Agreed! If I'm Carlyle I dont even put the Kessel line out there to start, no way hose, instead I'd put out a line of Clarkson-Smithson-Orr, no there not the most skilled guys but we need our most physical and aggressive players out there! That would be the best option IMO, the line would defiently come out swinging whether it be a solid faceoff win/solid hits/a fight, anything to show we are the boss tonight, no more of this turtling **** that we have done every game since the start of the season.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Yea, and Rielly will sit so that those guys will get to play their 5-6 minutes a game. What a joke!

Yeah, kind of agree with you. Definitely wanted to see Ranger sit out a game or two. Don't know what poster (before the signing) or Carlyle see's in him.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Keep doubting them! The Vancouver game was more of an aberration.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I know Bernier is sitting tonight (Kings fan following Bernier), but just wanted to come by and wish you guys luck.

I think Reimer is starting tonight because of back-to-back and his need to get revenge for the play-offs, but thanks for the wishes. :)

BayStreetBullies*

First of all, it was only the 2nd period where you could say the Devils outplayed the Leafs. Rest of the game was close, and the Leafs had better scoring chances throughout, more hits, and won more faceoffs. Second...the Devils needed consecutive PPs in the last 9 mins or so to get a goal, so really it was them who barely secured a point.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
First of all, it was only the 2nd period where you could say the Devils outplayed the Leafs. Rest of the game was close, and the Leafs had better scoring chances throughout, more hits, and won more faceoffs. Second...the Devils needed consecutive PPs in the last 9 mins or so to get a goal, so really it was them who barely secured a point.

Yep. Their only goal was a total fluke!

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I'm honestly not expecting to win this one. We played last night with a short line up, we have injuries, and we're playing back-to-back. We had to pull out a win yesterday. If we win today, it'll be a bonus.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Good blog by LeBrun today .. I really like how he summed up the Leafs play this season:

It’s because of that goaltending, too, that the Leafs have been able to put together a better record (11-5-0) than they really deserve.

This team still is too loose defensively, but makes up for it with a potent offense, great breakout speed, good special teams and an opportunistic scoring touch -- often times off the rush -- led by Kessel and James van Riemsdyk. They did it again Friday night -- another goal off the rush, and a brilliant one by Kessel in the third period to give the Leafs a 1-0 lead.

But it’s not a recipe for playoff success.

As the Blackhawks proved once again last spring, you have to be able to tighten up defensively on a consistent basis if you’re going to experience any success when the games are grinded out in the postseason; Chicago's series win over Boston was the greatest example of all.

There’s no freewheeling in the playoffs. Games aren’t won that way come spring in this league.

That’s a lesson the Leafs learned all too painfully last spring in Boston and a lesson they still are trying to master.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/27677/leafs-will-face-game-7-demons-in-boston

If the Leafs can tighten up defensively and reduce the turnovers breaking out of the zone, while at the same time increasing possession in the offensive zone they'll be a legit competitor in the playoffs

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Hoping for a better effort than last Saturday. THat game was brutal.

We need Reimer and clarkson to step it up. Also Kadri needs to relearn making the simplest play. It annoys me when he tries to pass cross ice through defenders and the puck goes the other way.

UFancyHuh

May 29, 2008
Lost
i know we're not playing at ACC today but until Kessel's a leaf I hope everytime he scores against boston fans chant thank you boston for the lulz

Penalty Kill Icing*

Ranger is improving game by game. If we get buy in from the team we can be real tough to play against and Ranger will be a big part of that. The kid will be ok. Gardiner is looking like Carlyle is asking him to play defence first so he's adjusting his game. He is also playing on the wrong side. Switch him up with Ranger and let him fly.

Gardiner has been pretty good defensively given that he was playing the wrong side. Ranger is good defensively. He needs to stop with the pinches though. IF he stops the pinches, he is a great asset.

draeko17

Jul 7, 2007
I'm old school I guess, but would love to see the team come on the ice, the lights down low except for on the players skating out on to the ice, You've Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest playing....every time I hear that song, that's what it makes me think of.

Here's to a good, hard played game. With the good guys winning, of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad