Post-Game Talk: Leafs are a good team. They also are a franchise with skilled players

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Sparks keeps winning. Nice shutout. Johnsson put this away early. Flyer fans throwing Jerseys on the ice...what is going on.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Good bounce back win on the 2nd half of a back to back. Sparks showing he's more than capable of being the backup. Get Nylander signed, Matthews back and let's get ready to roll.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Give Sparks his credit. He made some saves.
Gj Sparky!

Bottom 6 is starting to tear into teams. Depth baby.

JT and Mitch beautiful play.

Kapanen driving his own line from RW

Johnsson returns with a bang and Marleau has flashes of Brilliance

Kadri is still MIA

Dermott our grittiest D in a leafs uniform in a while! Laughs at simmonds and doesnt flinch

Freddy with his Laptop watching flix lolll

On the plus side, if we shut them out, Kadri can’t take a minus.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Sparks keeps winning. Nice shutout. Johnsson put this away early. Flyer fans throwing Jerseys on the ice...what is going on.
If I were a fan of a team that had a live ginger female genital as a mascot and played like that, I would toss my Jersey too

Heritage

Jan 17, 2016
Halifax
Solid game from start to finish.

Great scoring throughout the lineup, solid defence, and a great shutout for Sparks!

Hopefully he continues to put up solid games, and we can give Freddy so rest down the stretch so he is fresh for the playoffs.

member 300185

Give Sparks his credit. He made some saves.
Gj Sparky!

Bottom 6 is starting to tear into teams. Depth baby.

JT and Mitch beautiful play.

Kapanen driving his own line from RW

Johnsson returns with a bang and Marleau has flashes of Brilliance

Kadri is still MIA

Dermott our grittiest D in a leafs uniform in a while! Laughs at simmonds and doesnt flinch

Freddy with his Laptop watching flix lolll
This is a bit concerning

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
they went there for Laine
With all due respect to Laine’s career night, this was a Leafs broadcast and a big win.

How would Jets fans react if it was the other way around? Say if they went from a 6-0 Jets home win right to the Leafs vs the Flyers, because Matthews had 5 goals so far?

They went directly there. I think most fans would’ve preferred, at the very least, some kind of quick live interview. Then go to Laine.

Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but still kinda feels like a slap in the face to Leaf fans, no?

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
With all due respect to Laine’s career night, this was a Leafs broadcast and a big win.

How would Jets fans react if it was the other way around? Say if they went from a 6-0 Jets home win right to the Leafs vs the Flyers, because Matthews had 5 goals so far?

They went directly there. I think most fans would’ve preferred, at the very least, some kind of quick live interview. Then go to Laine.

Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but still kinda feels like a slap in the face to Leaf fans, no?
I just love that Cherry said he was a "good ol' Canadian boy" after the game, and Maclean had to correct him.

"Uhhh.. he's Finnish."
lol

Anyone else catch that?

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Good effort all round. Bottom 6 were GOAT. But speaking of him...sadly when AM returns he's destined for the PB, Marlies or...and I hate to say it cause I like Freddie...release. I think he's used up his 9 lives. Do goats have 9 lives?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Had it on mute and couldn't understand why they went there instead of the habs game which was a great finish

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
On a contract year:
giphy.gif
Especially since the Jets won’t give bonuses in their contracts and Wheeler/Shiefele are signed on VERY team friendly contracts. They laugh at us over Willy’s hold-out? Just wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad