GDT: Leafs Announce Centennial Plans [OP edited w/Shanahan Video + Centennial Badge]

AngryScotsman

Feb 17, 2013
Northern Ontario
eYamfNd.png

Also, I think the Leafs may have found their new PA announcer to replace Andy Frost -- I really liked the tone/voice of the narrator from the Reveal video.

Sounds like the same guy that narrated cbc's history of hockey series. Really like his voice.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
That video got me really pumped!

Looking forward to a memorable season. I think the surprise Shanny was referring to was a Stanley Cup win to cap off the 100th season ;).

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
We shouldn't have changed our logo from what it was in the 60s during the dynasties.

If they go back to the old banners it will be correcting a mistake, like the logo. But the logo or the banners should never change again. You don't see the Habs changing their logo.

The Habs can go **** themselves.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
So what will that 100 year logo be used for? Anyone have any conclusive source that it will be used as a shoulder patch on the new jersey? That would make these jerseys very special and add value to them for the future.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't like the single stripe Jersey. They need to steal Cors mockup 3x3 stripe with the new logo. If they made that I would buy it. Or winter classic stripes with the new logo. Don't care about the banners. The originals are long gone.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So what will that 100 year logo be used for? Anyone have any conclusive source that it will be used as a shoulder patch on the new jersey? That would make these jerseys very special and add value to them for the future.

i read they are going to put it on the back of the helmet. not sure if it will be on the jersey.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Would be very surprised if it was on the shoulders, but i definitely expect it on the chest.

I can't recall which article it was but apparently the Leafs alumni team will wear special uniforms featuring the Centennial anniversary logo when they play against the Red Wings alumni team.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I can't recall which article it was but apparently the Leafs alumni team will wear special uniforms featuring the Centennial anniversary logo when they play against the Red Wings alumni team.

I bet it will have more stripes and be the one to purchase! ;)

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Do you think?

RLNKFG5.png
That wouldn't look bad if the logo was recolored to match the stripes and jersey more like the new logo but with the 100 in the middle. More simplistic but the same general shape. Take off an arm stripe maybe. I wouldn't mind it as an alternate for the season.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What if the Centennial Classic jersey is more popular than the full time jersey?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
What if the Centennial Classic jersey is more popular than the full time jersey?

Looking at the single stripe design given to Mathews... I think there is a good chance that it happens. It's not very good looking and I hope they change it to two stripes before the season.
To be absolutely honest, I would rather no stripe at the bottom than that single stripe.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Looking at the single stripe design given to Mathews... I think there is a good chance that it happens. It's not very good looking and I hope they change it to two stripes before the season.
To be absolutely honest, I would rather no stripe at the bottom than that single stripe.

in your opinion.

there are a lot of people who like the single stripe.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Really? I have troubles finding them in my neck of the woods. Kind of a shoulder shrugger element.

i just see it as it is with anything Leaf-y.
some like it
some hate it
some are meh

it always balances out. i think the only jersey that got hate was the one with NO stripe at the bottom and people said it looked like PJs.

i think when we see it in full uniform, it will be fine.
like i know a lot of people liked the winter classic jersey. i thought it had too many stripes. but it was nice.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
i just see it as it is with anything Leaf-y.
some like it
some hate it
some are meh

it always balances out. i think the only jersey that got hate was the one with NO stripe at the bottom and people said it looked like PJs.

i think when we see it in full uniform, it will be fine.
like i know a lot of people liked the winter classic jersey. i thought it had too many stripes. but it was nice.

It looks odd, almost out of place if possible. The single bar design had solid opposing coloured shoulders and arms back when. They basically just stole a section from two era's and mixed it with a new logo instead of choosing the best of and making a truly fashionable piece.

The best mock up I have seen is COR's 3x3 bar 2 skinny 1 fat with the new logo. The winter classic 2014 layout with new logo would also be amazing.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In terms of the new jersey I like it. I wasn't sure about the new logo when we first got it, but got behind it after a bit of time to really look at the thing. And by the time we got the full jersey I was for the look.

Looks very clean to me. Focus is drawn to the new logo which works and I'm fine with the amount of stripes. Will certainly be getting a new jersey sometime this year. Probably home jersey. Can let the third jersey I got years ago for Sundin finally rest in the closet :).

Mad Brills*

Matthews wore an underarmour leafs black hat with the logo on it.

Wonder when they go on sale. Would be nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad