GDT: Leafs Announce Centennial Plans [OP edited w/Shanahan Video + Centennial Badge]

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Love the st.pats jersey idea. Def buying one if they sell them. :nod:

Also 18 new banners to the rafters? Are they going to retire jerseys or is this something else?

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Love the st.pats jersey idea. Def buying one if they sell them. :nod:

Also 18 new banners to the rafters? Are they going to retire jerseys or is this something else?
They're just replacing/updating them. I think they said the current ones will be sent to the players' respective hometowns.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Nice, St Pats jersey's. I wonder if they will be like the ones from the early 00's or a bit more modernized.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Still can't believe they'll be 100 years old soon. The Leafs and Habs will be the only non-baseball teams in NA professional sports to turn 100.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I am PUMPED for opening night. Hair on my neck will be up.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I missed the announcement. Are the centennial badge going to be the new shoulder patch on the Leafs jersey?

I believe so.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=113500

THE CENTENNIAL ANNIVERSARY LOGO A commemorative silver logo featuring the new Maple Leafs logo with the number 100 displayed to celebrate this historic occasion and celebrate the club’s 100th anniversary.

LEGENDS ROW: DAVE KEON, TIM HORTON & TURK BRODA In October, these three Leafs Legends will be forever immortalized in bronze with statues outside Air Canada Centre alongside the other Leafs greats on Legends Row.

THE GREATEST 100 MAPLE LEAFS OF ALL-TIME A committee made up of prominent members of the hockey community, media and fans, will determine an official list of the ‘Greatest 100’ players in Toronto Maple Leafs history. The One Hundred, along with many more Leafs, will be honoured throughout the Centennial season.

NHL CENTENNIAL CLASSIC The Maple Leafs will play host to the NHL Centennial Classic on Sunday, January 1, 2017 at BMO Field when they faceoff against the Detroit Red Wings in an outdoor game to celebrate the Centennial Anniversary for both the Maple Leafs and the NHL. The Maple Leafs will wear commemorative NHL Centennial Classic uniforms to celebrate the occasion.

ST. PAT'S NIGHT The club will pay tribute to its heritage by wearing Toronto St. Pats uniforms for its home date against the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday, March 18, 2017. The franchise was called the St. Pats from 1919-1927 before being renamed the Toronto Maple Leafs by Conn Smythe.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
THE GREATEST 100 MAPLE LEAFS OF ALL-TIME A committee made up of prominent members of the hockey community, media and fans, will determine an official list of the ‘Greatest 100’ players in Toronto Maple Leafs history. The One Hundred, along with many more Leafs, will be honoured throughout the Centennial season.

That should be fun.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
They're just replacing/updating them. I think they said the current ones will be sent to the players' respective hometowns.

I don't know how to feel about this. The current ones are the best in the league. Hope they don't change too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad