GDT: Leafs Announce Centennial Plans [OP edited w/Shanahan Video + Centennial Badge]

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I figure we can talk about this (we can change the tag to "Confirmed with Link/On the Radio), but if there's any kind of presser I can transcribe for people later on as well. I am excited in what they're gonna do.

Transcription:

Ron Ellis: Today we are opening up a new attraction here at the HOF. The Toronto Maples Leafs Centennial Exhibit. We are celebrating those who wore the Blue + White Jersey in 100. We're also showing the Anniversary Logo, and hopefully hearing about the events. It's nice to see everyone from Maple Leafs Entertainment and Alumni, and that you are excited. I'd like to acknowledge the special person in the audience. I'd like to introduce to you the most beloved Maple Leaf in my mind and i'm sure many of you. (Johnny Bower) -

<<clap>>

It's also my pleasure to introduce our special guest, class of 2013. The President of the Maple Leafs Brendan Shanahan

<clap>

Shanahan: Thanks Ron, everyone, and esp. Johnny Bower. It's great to be here, and I had a chance to see the centennial exhibt. they've done a great job, and thanks HOF for doing it, and hockey fans will enjoy it. It's a big year for us, obviously, as a hockey team, we're building ourselves to be an example like Ron/Johnny did, we're doing our best every day Thank you for that. It's going to be a great year. We're launching the sesason now. We're going to do this for December 19th 2017 which is our actually birthday. It's a big year. (holy crap, Shanny talks fast). We're focusing on our future, we're aspiring to move forward, but also cherish a surprise. Some things will be a surprise

<<video>>

This is about the next 100 years. We want the Leafs to be back in their natural place. What was the best time of the Leafs. we think about the real dynasties of Toronto. It's going to be about the next generation of Leaf Hockey Players, what do we do with the sweater. 100 years, 13 cups, 3 homes, 3 cups. We started with 4, to 6, to 30. 1 team, 1 Nation has been a constant force, propelling our sport to new heights. (yah, I can't do the video. but it sounds good).

They are going to unveil 18 new banners.
Celebrating those who built the NHL.
BMO Centennial Classic (vs. Detroit), Alumni Games, etc.
All Season we wear the new logo.(March 18th - St Patrick Arena day. (YAY!!) )
We're celebrating our century, but we're looking to our future.
We look to our greatest past - to become what we're going to become

<<end video>>

Shanahan: It's such a prilvlage to be here and reflect and to have the responsibility to talk about the Leafs, and bring the Leafs to that point in time to where we were great. it IS our goal, and we're making a pledge and promise to Leafs fans. we're not going to stop, until we get there.

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I figure we can talk about this (we can change the tag to "Confirmed with Link/On the Radio), but if there's any kind of presser I can transcribe for people later on as well. I am excited in what they're gonna do.

Could you pleae transcribe it and add it to your first post please?
That way when I get home from work it will be easy to find.

Mad Brills*

it's not technically the 100th season....

lockout caused one to miss

Mad Brills*

Wonder if they release the stadium series jerseys + other throwbacks.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Technically it's just the centennial year

If you want to get real technical, we can bring up the Toronto Arenas and St. Pats and stuff :laugh:
We already do though :laugh:

2017: Centennial year
2018: Centennial season
2027: Name's centennial
2031: MLG's centennial
2067: Previous Cup's centennial
2099: ACC's centennial

Are we missing anything else :naughty:

ForSpareParts*

We already do though :laugh:

2017: Centennial year
2018: Centennial season
2027: Name's centennial
2031: MLG's centennial
2067: Previous Cup's centennial
2099: ACC's centennial

Are we missing anything else :naughty:

KGM (Kuli, Grabo, McArthur) Centennial. 2022. ;)

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Unprecedented celebration involving a lottery draw for 40,000 free tickets to the outdoor game?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hopefully the will keep the pre-game ceremonies to a minimum.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
St-Pats jerseys are BACK March 18th 2017 against the Hawks.

Best jerseys EVER.

I'm so buying one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad