Sportsnet: Leafs and Nylander closing ~$11.5M x 8 contract extension (NMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
d2e.gif

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Jun 27, 2005
Oh. So we agree and I just f***ed up and didn't realize it? Let's look back at your reply to that post:

Definitely the tone of somebody who was in total agreement...

If your point was always Holland's management skills why did you throw a hissy fit over me comparing the Leafs top end contracts to Edmonton's in support of the argument that it was Holland's management skills, not the top end contracts of Edmonton? Again. Don't lie about what you said, the quote button is easily accessible.
C'mon man, you listed 4 guys for one team and 5 guys for the other. Shall we mention Campbell? How bout Neal, that's another $6M and still 4 against 5.

You've quoted me multiple times and still don't understand. What do you think my first post means? Why would I mention the wasted 6 million if I didn't think it was the issue? I'll rephrase it.

C'mon man, you listed 4 guy for one team and 5 for the other ignoring crap like Campbell and Neal which are $6M of wasted space.

Your response should simply have been yeah Edmonton wastes cap in different ways. That's it. Why would you continue arguing if you understood my first post? Why would you add Neal (and not Campbell for some weird reason) if you understood in the first place? The only explanation is the you didn't understand my first post and wasted our time and won't admit it.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
When you keep paying the absolute max to all of the 3 it means depth problems

11.5 is ridiculous for Nylander

Not really when You take it into context.

Is he really going to sign for less than Marner or Tavares, who signed their contracts 5 and 6 years ago respectively? While being the better player?

Reactions: chaz4hockey

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You've quoted me multiple times and still don't understand. What do you think my first post means? Why would I mention the wasted 6 million if I didn't think it was the issue? I'll rephrase it.

C'mon man, you listed 4 guy for one team and 5 for the other ignoring crap like Campbell and Neal which are $6M of wasted space.

Your response should simply have been yeah Edmonton wastes cap in different ways. That's it. Why would you continue arguing if you understood my first post? Why would you add Neal (and not Campbell for some weird reason) if you understood in the first place? The only explanation is the you didn't understand my first post and wasted our time and won't admit it.

I still don't understand. Yes. It's me that's the problem. It's me that doesn't understand.

We'll just ignore that you're STILL complaining about me "Ignoring crap like Campbell and Neal" when the whole f***ing point was to differentiate Edmonton's top end contracts from the "crap like Campbell and Neal". Which sum up Holland's mismanagement.

Think that's more on Ken Holland's management skills, honestly.

EDM paying $34M for McDavid/Drai/Nurse/RNH. That's a far cry from TOR's $48M for Matthews/Marner/Tavares/Rielly/Nylander.

You're talking in circles now because you don't want to admit you're wrong. Just stop.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not really when You take it into context.

Is he really going to sign for less than Marner or Tavares, who signed their contracts 5 and 6 years ago respectively? While being the better player?

Pasta makes 11.25M and has been superior player to him, recent signing
Aho is going to be making 9.75m from next season forwards, has been a more valuable player than Nylander throughout their career.

Yeah this contract is absolutely stupid

Jun 27, 2005
I still don't understand. Yes. It's me that's the problem. It's me that doesn't understand.

We'll just ignore that you're STILL complaining about me "Ignoring crap like Campbell and Neal" when the whole f***ing point was to differentiate Edmonton's top end contracts from the "crap like Campbell and Neal". Which sum up Holland's mismanagement.
Then what do you think "Shall we mention Campbell? How bout Neal, that's another $6M and still 4 against 5." mean? What do you think I was saying? Why argue? If you misread and assumed that I thought 4 against 5 needed to be debated then why not just add Hyman to your list and be done? You should have responded once and only once yet you misunderstood and are still wasting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad