TSN: Leafs again kicking tires on Luke Glendening

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
only way it works is if the wings eat half his salary. 900k isnt much to them, but it is to the leafs cap

glendenning@900k for a 2nd + Holl?

Moore-Gauthier-Glendenning would be a decent enough 4th line for next year
That's what I'm thinking. A 900K cap hit would be good value for Glendening in a depth position with the Leafs upcoming cap crunch. If Detroit made that possible with the 2 extra years of control I'd award them a 2020 2nd (so the Leafs have a top-60 pick in each of the next 2 years) for their troubles and a young player caught behind others (Timashov, Carcone or Holl).

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Nobody else on your team (drafted or in the NHL) has value comparable to Kapanen. Larkin is the only piece that even gets close value wise. Leafs would have to add a bit but yeah.
Right considering that Kapenen's best season is 43 points 5 point less then Mantha's best season. Yet Larkin is the only one that has more value then Kapanen. Yeah don't think so.

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
Good asset management should have started by recognizing Zaitsev wasn’t worth 4.5 million dollars for 6 years.

What team in their right mind would take on Zaitev's contract??? I guess expected from Toronto fans who think they can get rid of trash for assets, lmao. Its going to be funny when Marner gets offered 10.1 mil per year so they wont get the 4 1st rd pics and someone will offer 4 million for Kapenen and only have to give up a 2nd rd pick!!

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
What's wrong with Brown, when he is all the time on these trade proposals?
Not much. Good speed, solid defensive/PK player, battles hard. Young and on a good contract, with RFA status still when it ends. Can play both wings and up and down the lineup. He'd bring positive value back to Toronto in trade. Some posters are concerned with next years salary cap. That's all.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah that too.

Though a quick glance at his fancy stats is that they look pretty dreadful, which further makes it odd a guy like Dubas would be interested

Too bad if Dubas isn't enough smart to be interest in player who is +9 goals and 58% in GF% at Bottom6 role.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not much. Good speed, solid defensive/PK player, battles hard. Young and on a good contract, with RFA status still when it ends. Can play both wings and up and down the lineup. He'd bring positive value back to Toronto in trade. Some posters are concerned with next years salary cap. That's all.

Imo, that's kind of the future Red Wings mentality. Also the age will fit better to our future core prime (than Glendy).

I could see a swap between him and Glendening, with other particles on a trade, because Red Wings have to add.

EDIT:

Or if Trevor Daley goes on the same trade...

Glendening + Daley (50% retained)
<>
Connor Brown + 3rd pick

Last edited:

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Didn't TSN try pushing this same trade last year? I don't buy it.
babcock should shut his yep and just do what he knows coach and its losing its luster in my books, the leafs don't need that guy so whoever is trying to push that one just give it up already, that player is way past his due date, no need for him on the leafs lineup....

Reactions: Fogelhund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad