TSN: Leafs again kicking tires on Luke Glendening

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Booooo. Don't want him on the Leafs, thanks.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
would be a good pickup - this team needed emotion and experience .. muzzin brought some of that, they need more

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
This year, that price would seem to be the starting point, given that older rental Brian Boyle – who has not scored in his last two playoff runs – fetched a second-round pick from Nashville earlier this week.

Not what the leafs can afford, unless Connor Brown is going in this deal.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Zaitsev+??? for Glendenning.

Otherwise...why? That is an expensive 4th line guy.

Yeah adding $1.8m for another two years is going to be tough to fit. The story talks about the Red Wings retaining half his salary but you'd have to imagine the price would be higher than a 3rd rounder if that's the case. What do the Leafs really have to dangle? A 2020 2nd?

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Yeah adding $1.8m for another two years is going to be tough to fit. The story talks about the Red Wings retaining half his salary but you'd have to imagine the price would be higher than a 3rd rounder if that's the case. What do the Leafs really have to dangle? A 2020 2nd?

Yeah I don’t really understand it.

I’d like him on this team to solidify the 4th line - but his price is too high considering where the Leafs are with the cap. I wouldn’t want to surrender a significant asset for him either with having no first this coming draft.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Babcock still pining over Glendening. Can't blame him, Glendening was fantastic for him as a shutdown center in the playoffs. Not sure anything has changed since last year in terms of getting a deal done. Detroit still has zero pressure or reason to move Glendening.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I'd have to think the Wings could get a better return from another team than from the Leafs if Dubas is asking they eat part of his salary.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Servelli has said this every deadline the past 3 seasons.

This is nothing. We have Lindholm and we have Gauthier at 4C. Both have been fine in the role for half or less than half the money.

There’s one player going to DET that would make this make sense, but I won’t name the name as everyone will go nuts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad