TSN: Leafs actively shopping Calvin Pickard

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I honestly think either one would get through waivers. 99% of the time we talk about player X not getting through waivers, they get through waivers.
Borderline backup goalies would be a decent bet for being picked up. Good goalie depth can be hard to come by

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Pretty much worthless as a trade piece. May get claimed on waivers if a team finds a need in the pre-season.

Reactions: go4hockey

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sparks + Pickard + McElhinney for a 3rd, who's interested? :sarcasm:

We don't need a backup, Andersen can play 100 games next year.

Reactions: Elephanto

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Borderline backup goalies would be a decent bet for being picked up. Good goalie depth can be hard to come by

I think that's why the Leafs are signing their depth goalies to 1 way contracts. It's a lot easier to squeak past the waiver wire in October a goalie on a 1-way. I doubt there's serious talks to move Pickard at this point. They probably like their depth on G and are more than happy to pay the full amount in the minors.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
Sparks + Pickard + McElhinney for a 3rd, who's interested? :sarcasm:

We don't need a backup, Andersen can play 100 games next year.

Pssshhh. He only needs to play in 98 games next year when we dominate the regular season and then sweep every round of the playoffs. Not sure why you think we could possibly lose two playoff games. :)

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I mean, we could have picked him up off waivers, but we gave up a 6th and a prospect last year for him, so I would assume we’d get a similar return.

SoulDynasty

Jan 25, 2017
Ottawa
Just don't like McBackup - would rather keep Pickard, but really see him going back to the Avs.

Not going to happen. Avs have 4 goalies signed. Varly/Grubauer in the NHL, Francouz/Martin in the AHL.

He’s a great guy and an even better team mate, but there’s just no room for him on the Avs.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Im more than happy to go into camp and give all 3 a chance to be back-up: McElhinney, Sparks, Pickard.

I wouldn't guess on the best goalie just yet and more than happy to lose one on waivers as long as we are certain we kept the best one of Pickard or Sparks.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
My expectation is that he is claimed off waivers.

I hope we get a pick for him.

I foresee Sparks as back-up, one of Picks/Big Mac traded and the other claimed off of waivers.

So you think they are going to destroy their goaltending depth? because if they trade Pickard and Waive Mcbackup who would likely be claimed after what he's done in Toronto, then you have Andersen and a completely 100% unproven backup in Sparks and NOTHING else, if Andersen gets you are COMPLETELY f***ED

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad