Prospect Info: Leafs 7th. pick at #202 Andreas Johnson - LW - Frolunda Jr.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'd like to say his goals were gorgeous beauties, but they werent.

Regardless, 2 goals is two goals and I hope he makes the Leafs one day.

His 1st was pretty nice. One-timed it from the doorstep, got it up in a hurry.

Actually, most goals I've seen from him come from around the net. I suppose that's a good thing?

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed
So it's no longer the swedish elite league (SEL) but now the Swedish Hockey League (SHL)?

But anyways, has 22 points in 32 games with Frolunda this year and had a pretty good game today against USA with 2 goals 1 assist in a 4-2 win.

Please don't do that. Trying to expose people as idiotic (SEL vs SHL)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Hockey_League
While failing to conclude that "anyways" isn't even a correct usage,"Anyways" is not in most dictionaries.IMO it's used predominantly by inarticulate people.

Porpoise McPants

May 9, 2010
While failing to conclude that "anyways" isn't even a correct usage,"Anyways" is not in most dictionaries.IMO it's used predominantly by inarticulate people.

you tell'em! down with colloquialisms! up with dictionaries! correct usage is at stake! if not in a message board about hockey, then where?

i rarely post here. had to struggle to recall my password from years ago because of a sudden strong compulsion to tell you you're a dick

go johnson!

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

....But anyways :laugh::laugh:

Am I missing something here? Why the rage?

No clue, man. Let him have his little moment hahaha. I guess I was correct though, SEL was changed to SHL this year.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Please don't do that using "a" between even and correct is poor grammar... I find people who do that are predominantly inarticulate.... :D

Kidding.... I couldn't resist...

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Ok I had one pick in mind here and it is Jaedon Descheneau. I watched a lot of the Ice this year, and this guy, Reinhart, and Montgomery were one of the best lines in the Dub. He's almost like a Molson to Tavares like set up here with Reinhart.

I can guarantee he'll get 90+ next year and get picked in the 5th. This is a guy who's value is only going to go up.

His draw back isn't even that he rides shotgun, it's just he's small. But he is a very exciting player.

It's a shame we didn't take this guy, he was killer most of the season and was massive in the Ice's winning streak. It's too bad we didn't pick this guy here.

I love looking back through the old posts on these topics.
Good call on Jaedon Descheneau.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
you tell'em! down with colloquialisms! up with dictionaries! correct usage is at stake! if not in a message board about hockey, then where?

i rarely post here. had to struggle to recall my password from years ago because of a sudden strong compulsion to tell you you're a dick

go johnson!

Haha, awesome post.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
i just hope he isn't a cerada with his asthma. if his ceiling is eventually a top six lupul replacement, i'd be ecstatic, but i don't think we have another steen on our hands.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
i just hope he isn't a cerada with his asthma. if his ceiling is eventually a top six lupul replacement, i'd be ecstatic, but i don't think we have another steen on our hands.

There really isn't much of a comparison, cereda was a first rounder and Johnson was a 7th

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
i was talking about health... cereda had heart problems from what i remember. johnson had asthma which is why hit stats were poor before the year we drafted him. if he was playing like he was playing now, then he probably would have gone in rounds 2-3.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
i was talking about health... cereda had heart problems from what i remember. johnson had asthma which is why hit stats were poor before the year we drafted him. if he was playing like he was playing now, then he probably would have gone in rounds 2-3.

Yeah, what was considered him no trying hard enough was his undiagnosed asthma getting in the way. Once he knew what was wrong with him and he got the right medicine he improved greatly. But by then we had already picked him up. :)

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
I love looking back through the old posts on these topics.
Good call on Jaedon Descheneau.

I wasn't mad at the Johnson pick here, and glad we took him instead of Descheneau looking back on it. But hey, I was right about that all, lol.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Stephen Burtch ‏@SteveBurtch 22m
Again - Andreas Johnson - that #Leafs 7th rounder that won SHL rookie of the year last year? Player of the game in Champs HL for Frolunda.

He had 3 assists in a 4-3 loss to Geneva.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Again - Andreas Johnson - that #Leafs 7th rounder that won SHL rookie of the year last year? Player of the game in Champs HL for Frolunda.

He had 3 assists in a 4-3 loss to Geneva.

He's been lighting it up so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad