Prospect Info: Leafs 7th. pick at #202 Andreas Johnson - LW - Frolunda Jr.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
From Elite Prospects

A fast-skating winger with very good hands and vision. Johnson can set plays up as well as take the shot himself. Plays with lots of energy. Very nifty.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Info on this guy? I've seen him ranked as the 11th-12th best Swede.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Ok I had one pick in mind here and it is Jaedon Descheneau. I watched a lot of the Ice this year, and this guy, Reinhart, and Montgomery were one of the best lines in the Dub. He's almost like a Molson to Tavares like set up here with Reinhart.

I can guarantee he'll get 90+ next year and get picked in the 5th. This is a guy who's value is only going to go up.

His draw back isn't even that he rides shotgun, it's just he's small. But he is a very exciting player.

It's a shame we didn't take this guy, he was killer most of the season and was massive in the Ice's winning streak. It's too bad we didn't pick this guy here.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
A lot of people are going to come in here and say that based on his size, he won't do anything.

I would like to see what he does though in the long run. Doesn't hurt to have skilled guys in the system that could project well.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Seems like he's good a high ceiling but needs sometime to put it together. Camenaresi type pick.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
A good scorer in the Swedish Junior Leagues and five points in four games for Sweden U 19.

2012-13
Frölunda J20 SuperElit 42 23 31 54 54 29 | Playoffs 4 1 1 2 12 3
Frölunda SHL 7 1 0 1 0 0 | Playoffs 5 0 0 0 0 0
Sweden U19 (all) International-Jr 4 2 3 5 8 2 |

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
From Elite Prospects

A fast-skating winger with very good hands and vision. Johnson can set plays up as well as take the shot himself. Plays with lots of energy. Very nifty.

You can never have too many nifty prospects.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Hell to the yes, I've been up all night to see if any team was smart enough to pick Johnson. Only Lindholm and Wennberg have higher potential among the Swedish forwards IMO. Johnson has been flying under the radar due to him not having been selected to the national junior team, but he has constantly been one of best players in the Swedish junior leagues. This season he debuted in the SEL and not only did his game from juniors transfer well to senior hockey, he excelled with the faster pace of the game, it was a treat to watch. I'll write more tomorrow, but for now take a look at his only point so far in the SEL; http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/elitserien/frolunda/article15985353.ab @ 1:50

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hell to the yes, I've been up all night to see if any team was smart enough to pick Johnson. Only Lindholm and Wennberg have higher potential among the Swedish forwards IMO. Johnson has been flying under the radar due to him not having been selected to the national junior team, but he has constantly been one of best players in the Swedish junior leagues. This season he debuted in the SEL and not only did his game from juniors transfer well to senior hockey, he excelled with the faster pace of the game, it was a treat to watch. I'll write more tomorrow, but for now take a look at his only point so far in the SEL; http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/elitserien/frolunda/article15985353.ab @ 1:50

Cheers dude!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I love our Bergman 7th picks. They have a better chance of succeeding than our 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th round picks :laugh:

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I like that hockey runs in the family. Looks like his father was a pretty damn good player in his days, former captain in the SEL.

On another note, when did the SEL become the SHL?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Need to start renaming our 7th rounder as "The Tommy Bergmann Special"

I like these kind of ambitious project picks, and I'm never upset if they fail. Thommie Bergmann always manages to unearth some goodies in the draft and I'm always baffled at how Dave Morrison doesn't go to his most consistently productive scouting voice earlier in the draft and more often.

If the guy is giving you Stralman, Gunnarsson, Kaberle, Markov, Berezin, Modin type picks later in the draft, imagine what he can do for you in the 1st and 2nd rounds when good Europeans are on the board. Who knows, if they listened to him more, we'd have fewer Kenny Ryan and Jamie Devane type guys and more Jacob Silfverberg, Calle Jarnkrok and other actually good prospects.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
well, don't know much about him, but these are the kind of gambles I like seeing with late round picks - under-the-radar speed+skill guys.

total longshot, but has the kind of skills that a longshot needs to succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad