Post-Game Talk: Leafs 5, Pens 0 - Would You Like Fries with that Crap Sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Bonino did not skate fast, but he played fast. Very effective forechecker, did not try to be the puck carrier if he did not have too, good at supporting, very smart with AND without the puck. He processed the game at a very high level.

One of our big problems is that we have too many dumb players. JJ and Oleksiak being the dumbest.

Absolutely. He ghosted sometimes but on his good days was 50x better than Sheahan. Very effective on the wall.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We could easily be mired in a 5 game losing streak after this week with the Devils and Caps coming up...

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
Can we start blaming Sullivan for horrible player usage yet? If Phil is really playing with Geno because he doesn’t want to play with anybody else, Sullivan’s lost the dressing room.

Reactions: Trade and Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Can we start blaming Sullivan for horrible player usage yet? If Phil is really playing with Geno because he doesn’t want to play with anybody else, Sullivan’s lost the dressing room.

This is truer than I want it to be. If Phil wasn’t demoted during that shit game because of lineup politics, this team is in serious trouble,

Reactions: KIRK

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
How much are we paying for the worst D-corps in the league again? It's an utter disgrace what JR has put together back there...

He should think about sending out bottom 6 roleplayers like Sheahan, Cullen, Rust (unfortunately) and see if he can ignite the team with some motivated young, skilled, speedy legs. They are not pulling their weight anymore.

I was thinking a double swap, with guys like Rust and Maatta to get a better return and then adjust after the dust settles.

It's unfortunate for sure, but sometimes a necessary evil.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
ValuableTautKangaroo-max-1mb.gif

f*** everybody involved in this team

/thread

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
How much are we paying for the worst D-corps in the league again? It's an utter disgrace what JR has put together back there...

We've got a pretty good 1st pair in Dumo/Letang, and a really expensive 3rd pair in Maatta/Oleksiak. That's about as much as I can come up with in terms of positivity.

DailyFaceoff.com now has player/power ratings and ranks line combinations across the league...
upload_2018-11-3_23-21-29.png

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
We've got a pretty good 1st pair in Dumo/Letang, and a really expensive 3rd pair in Maatta/Oleksiak. That's about as much as I can come up with in terms of positivity.

If they are 100% healthy they are serviceable, but there are unfortunate injuries that can change things on a dime.

This isn't something that can wait. The stars can only plug the holes so long.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
+I got an emulator on my computer that can play Smash Bros
+Penn State sucks at football

That's about all I got.
My little bro plays Melee competitive. He's rank 3 in our province.

I taught him the game when he was little. Thought I was hot shit because I beat all my friends. Then he learned how to do tech skills and got into the comp. circuit. Now he ANNIHILATES me :laugh:. Quite humbling.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Maybe, just maybe I had a valid point this offseason when I stated the FO needed to get younger and faster. They went status quo and older. Is what it is. Jr will have to work magic soon or my prediction of becoming the wings will be Sooner than thought.

Sincerely yours
Pghkev

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

DailyFaceoff.com now has player/power ratings and ranks line combinations across the league...
View attachment 151807

So after Dumo and Letang, the D is marginally better than the best AHL teams’ bottom 4. I’m not happy with Schultz being this damn important :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This D will have the team outside of the playoffs by the time Schultz comes back if it’s not changed or unless Crosby/Malkin have to shoulder a workload bigger than they needed to a decade ago.

The writing has been on the wall since 2017 with this D. Instead, JR doubled down on Schultz, Dumo, and then Hunwick and JJ.

Dumo and Schultz have been relatively solid since their extensions, but Maatta has gotten worse and Hunwick and JJ were just absolutely asisine.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The writing has been on the wall since 2017 with this D. Instead, JR doubled down on Schultz, Dumo, and then Hunwick and JJ.

Dumo and Schultz have been relatively solid since their extensions, but Maatta has gotten worse and Hunwick and JJ were just absolutely asisine.

Hopefully Riikola is good. The writing didn’t have to be on the wall which is why it’s so annoying. Oleksiak, Ruh and Johnson don’t have to be on the team. Maatta I understand holding out hope for because he’s a hell of a player in some situations. Just the worst in terms of speed.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
On paper, the team is still good.

On ice?

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00