Leafs 4th. pick, 156th. overall is: Connor Brown - Forward RW

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
Honestly, whats the upside to this guy? I haven't followed him at all but those are some impressive numbers.

can he be a legit 2nd line forward? does he have the speed to negate his smallish stature?

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Honestly, whats the upside to this guy? I haven't followed him at all but those are some impressive numbers.

can he be a legit 2nd line forward? does he have the speed to negate his smallish stature?

The last few pages in the stickied prospects thread are heavily Brown-related. I'd suggest giving that a read.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
Anybody expecting Brown to be anything more than a solid AHL hockey player are going to be very disappointed.

How many guys over the years have put up big numbers in their final junior season only to see it not translate into NHL success? Tons. It happens all the time. Brown is no different.

If he was doing something similar to this in his 17 year old draft year then I would be excited. This? This is a 19 year old on a stacked team dominating a junior league.

Just goes to show you how deprived we are as Leaf fans for legitimate draft prospects that we get all caught up in the stats without looking at the reality of the situation.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
So basically, in some peoples eyes, Connor Brown was bust before the season even started. And considering hes shredding the OHL up, there was quite literally nothing he could have done this year to change their opinion. Hilarious.

I think I'll take the "wait and see" approach on the guy getting 12 points in 3 games.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Why are we throwing out players names that were drafted over 30 years ago? Is this supposed to prove a point or something? Or are we putting up weird profile of old players?

This is the 2nd time Godden's profile was posted like it actually means something.

In 1980-81 Godden lead the OHL in goals and finished 2nd in points and was a former Leaf draft.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/top_league.php?lid=ohl1989&sid=1981&leaguenm=OHL

As someone that has seen both these players play as OHLers one can draw similarities as Brown reminds me of Godden.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
So basically, in some peoples eyes, Connor Brown was bust before the season even started. And considering hes shredding the OHL up, there was quite literally nothing he could have done this year to change their opinion. Hilarious.

I think I'll take the "wait and see" approach on the guy getting 12 points in 3 games.

Its because Connor Brown had barely an impact in his draft year, or the season after that, and then suddenly he's doing well. Dominating in your draft year+2 isn't uncommon. He's also on a line with "The Next One" so that diminishes his contributions a little bit.

He's basically Toronto's Marc Stone. Overhyped scoring junior player who will ultimately be a blip on the radar. He could also be Greg McKegg 2.0 if you are unfamiliar with what Sen's fans went through like a year and a half ago.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Holy hell people, give the kid a chance before you completely write him off.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Year four production in juniors is irrelevant. He's playing against competition 2-3 years younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad