Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4, Pens 0 - Because Someone Has To Start a PGT for this Mess

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Oh, well, we were due for a bad game, we almost never get beaten so badly this season and there is too muцh parity in the NHL for this to never happen. Just goes to show that many pundits are almost as short-sighted and knee-jerky as the average fan - all the criticism to TOR and praise for us and we are merely eight points ahead of them, albeit with games in hand. So far this team the team has always responded well after games like that, let's hope that this continues.

Reactions: ncm7772

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Ok. Enough of this every second game for the goalies charade.
Now pls ride our best goalie the rest of the way. Can't afford to piss away points this time of the season.

I can't grasp the fact Jarry was phenomenal against the leafs a few nights ago and he was probably deep in their heads - but still we throw MM out there. Makes zero sense.
Not Matt Murrays fault at all.
If you look at the goals scored, It was mostly defensive lapses by the penguins.

You had a breakaway, a point shot through traffic, Schultz not getting his guy on that rebound.

The nylander goal may have been the only one that you could say that murrays stick needed to be flat on the ice but any time you let a guy have all the time in the world to line up a shot like that, its extremely tough on a goalie.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Schultz sucks, too. Dump his ass off to some team desperate enough for a PMD that they'll overpay.

GMs won't take into account his struggles since the last Cup, all they'll see is a PMD with multiple Cups who put up good numbers once upon a time.

Agreed. I don't think he's as putrid defensively as some make him out to be, but he's doing nothing offensively. He can't even make an outlet pass anymore. 2+6=8 in 36 games :thumbd:.

Ehh, those last 7 games included wins against Washington, Florida, and Toronto, 0-1-1 against Tampa, and they killed Montreal and Detroit. With largely the same roster as they had tonight. I’m just saying. I think tonight was more a lack of effort and intensity than it was any sort of roster limitations. They just had a complete stinker of a game. Oh well.

Yup. All true.

McCann hasn't scored in how long now? 12 or 13 games? He needs to start producing, period!

Amen, brother. It's been 13 games since he scored. During that time he has 4 assists and is a -9. That's borderline hideous. Everyone wants to blame HCMS for his struggles (which never made sense to me. It's HCMS' fault that McCann can't produce while playing next to SFC? Um, ok. ), but I'm on board with you. He has to produce. That's on him. Not the coach. Dude has been invisible for quite a while now, and frankly, the team needs A LOT more from him.

Reactions: Ryder71 and Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad