Post-Game Talk: Leafs 4, Pens 0 - Because Someone Has To Start a PGT for this Mess

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Let’s wait and see what Benning does before Monday. You might get some riots that way.
It's the most bandwagon-ny fan base of all bandwagon fan bases. Most will act like they just traded the next Gretzky or call that person crap and then after they are out in the 1st round, no one will show any Canucks merch for months.

Reactions: Khelandros

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
some truly galaxy brain takes on the main board

my favorite: "the pens have very little fight when things don't go their way"

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
It's the most bandwagon-ny fan base of all bandwagon fan bases. Most will act like they just traded the next Gretzky or call that person crap and then after they are out in the 1st round, no one will show any Canucks merch for months.
It is sad but true. Fortunately the HF Canucks Board has improved quite a bit over the last year or so. The Moderators have been addressing the negativity and conflict much quicker than when I used to lurk. It's more reflective of this Board actually.

Just wanted to add, your GIF game and contributions have really gone to another level. I find myself watching for your Posts.
Cheers

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It is sad but true. Fortunately the HF Canucks Board has improved quite a bit over the last year or so. The Moderators have been addressing the negativity and conflict much quicker than when I used to lurk. It's more reflective of this Board actually.

Just wanted to add, your GIF game and contributions have really gone to another level. I find myself watching for your Posts.
Cheers
Haha thanks.

They used to have a lot of toxic members that would make it near impossible even to post in their OT threads for people like me who aren't from Vancouver but now live here and just want to talk to locals. Their fans at the arena though, not friendly at all.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pens were solid for the first 20 minutes, then decided that was enough and decided the 2nd and 3rd periods were optional.

They just didn't seem very crisp tonight. Everything was just a tiny bit off, whether it be the passing, the stickhandling, the shooting. Everything just seemed like they just didn't have it tonight.

The defense, in particular, was terrible. None of them seemed capable of making an outlet pass. None of them seemed capable of making any sort of plays with any sort of pressure. The forwards weren't great, but the defense really hampered them tonight in all areas of the rink.

Oh, and even though it was more of a team-wide thing, f*** Justin Schultz. I'm just tired of him at this point. Terrible coverage on the Hyman goal, and his offensive game is simply non existent at this point. He's been really, really disappointing since basically his 2017 season.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Haha thanks.

They used to have a lot of toxic members that would make it near impossible even to post in their OT threads for people like me who aren't from Vancouver but now live here and just want to talk to locals. Their fans at the arena though, not friendly at all.
So true. Every year my son and I venture across the border when the Pens make their Western Canada trip and every year I marvel at the ignorance and viciousness of the Van fans. This year we started in Edmonton, 12/20, and it was great and the fans were engaging and hilarious, an overall great experience. 12/21 in Vancouver, basically I would have been willing to go to jail just to enjoy dropping the ******* sitting next to me, were not my 13 year old with me. Bizarre, as I generally enjoy most aspects of Vancouver other than the traffic. Maybe its just a bad sample, but whatever it is, it sucks, and I can't wait to see the Seattle franchise dominate the Pacific NW.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Ok. Enough of this every second game for the goalies charade.
Now pls ride our best goalie the rest of the way. Can't afford to piss away points this time of the season.

I can't grasp the fact Jarry was phenomenal against the leafs a few nights ago and he was probably deep in their heads - but still we throw MM out there. Makes zero sense.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ok. Enough of this every second game for the goalies charade.
Now pls ride our best goalie the rest of the way. Can't afford to piss away points this time of the season.

I can't grasp the fact Jarry was phenomenal against the leafs a few nights ago and he was probably deep in their heads - but still we throw MM out there. Makes zero sense.

You think playing Jarry would have helped the Pens actually score a goal?

I mean, no goalie was winning tonight with the offensive display the Pens put on. It's not like it was a 6-5 game where every time the Pens scored one, Murray let in a goal.

I just find it incredibly strange to question goaltending when a team gets shutout.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
You think playing Jarry would have helped the Pens actually score a goal?

I mean, no goalie was winning tonight with the offensive display the Pens put on. It's not like it was a 6-5 game where every time the Pens scored one, Murray let in a goal.

I just find it incredibly strange to question goaltending when a team gets shutout.
Probably not. Still a strange decision.
Was just the other day someone said MM got the start against Detroit because he "played good against them" the first meeting.

The fact that Jarry is so much better at playing the puck are showing more each game. There was several times MM tries to stop orp lay the puck behind the net but didn't get it out of danger leading to our D to get forechecked hard.
Not that he did any blunders. Its just that how vulnerable our D seems to being pressured we could really use the goalie that gives them that extra second of time.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So true. Every year my son and I venture across the border when the Pens make their Western Canada trip and every year I marvel at the ignorance and viciousness of the Van fans. This year we started in Edmonton, 12/20, and it was great and the fans were engaging and hilarious, an overall great experience. 12/21 in Vancouver, basically I would have been willing to go to jail just to enjoy dropping the ******* sitting next to me, were not my 13 year old with me. Bizarre, as I generally enjoy most aspects of Vancouver other than the traffic. Maybe its just a bad sample, but whatever it is, it sucks, and I can't wait to see the Seattle franchise dominate the Pacific NW.
The thing is, you're 100% dead on about it and it's the experience most have. There's a level of snobbery and it's odd really. The weirdest thing is they have a weird dislike/hate for fans of teams that aren't even rivals to them, they'll get into your face about any team.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Also, it's been said but needs to be repeated: Pens need to pick up someone who can win draws. Particularly in the defensive zone/PK. Love Blueger, but the guy is horrible on draws. Opposition should basically just be given the puck right away and save everyone the trouble of lining up.

Where's Zigomanis when you need him?

Reactions: ncm7772

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
They need that Cullen-like guy. PK, defensive draws, pot a few goals.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
I'm actually ok and somewhat looking forward to seeing Ovi get #700 against us. It doesn't mean we need to lose or anything. If he doesn't get it against there is a 0% chance I'll even see it.

Sorry I didn't know where else to put this post.

The league literally couldn't be happier if he scored on Sunday also haha

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'm actually ok and somewhat looking forward to seeing Ovi get #700 against us. It doesn't mean we need to lose or anything. If he doesn't get it against there is a 0% chance I'll even see it.

Sorry I didn't know where else to put this post.

The league literally couldn't be happier if he scored on Sunday also haha

I mean, he would have 2 of his greatest peers on the ice to congrats him.

I doubt Mario will clap to acknowledge it #RussianMachineNeverBreaksBlog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad