Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 2nd-round (#53) -- LW/C Nicholas Robertson -- OHL - 5' 9"/162lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Would love to see him develop along the lines of a Brad Marchand. Sniper with dirt bag tendencies.

The silliness of us comparing an 18yr old to a 100pt player aside, I would honestly hate having a Brad Marchand on my team. The popular refrain is that he's a player you hate playing against but would love to have on your team, but no, I have as much respect for Brad Marchand as he does for the safety of his peers: none at all. Remember, this is a player who knifes guys in the balls, ended Anthony Duclair's season after clotheslining him, has a sucker punch resume to rival Matt Cooke's, had one of if not the cringiest attempts at trolling in recent memory when he licked a grown ass man's face, and on and on and on. I would honestly not enjoy cheering for a player like that at all.

I'd take Gallagher tho.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
He is bluechip compared to the guys you listed though, along with only Sandin. The rest are pretty average. We haven’t had as much luck drafting as you’re trying to portray for what was considered a legitimate rebuild.

It's scary how depleted we look in prospects and draft picks right now. In the sense you pay to win sure, but not to miss the playoffs or get kicked early?

We needed to get something for JVR or Gardiner or perhaps Barrie ? At one point we were hoarding picks.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The silliness of us comparing an 18yr old to a 100pt player aside, I would honestly hate having a Brad Marchand on my team. The popular refrain is that he's a player you hate playing against but would love to have on your team, but no, I have as much respect for Brad Marchand as he does for the safety of his peers: none at all. Remember, this is a player who knifes guys in the balls, ended Anthony Duclair's season after clotheslining him, has a sucker punch resume to rival Matt Cooke's, had one of if not the cringiest attempts at trolling in recent memory when he licked a grown ass man's face, and on and on and on. I would honestly not enjoy cheering for a player like that at all.

I'd take Gallagher tho.
Of course, but you wont like the cost.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's scary how depleted we look in prospects and draft picks right now. In the sense you pay to win sure, but not to miss the playoffs or get kicked early?

We needed to get something for JVR or Gardiner or perhaps Barrie ? At one point we were hoarding picks.

We've been bleeding out assets for a while at both ends. The rentals for Boyle, Plekanec took two 2nd rounders out of the system for like 10 combined weeks of hockey.

Reactions: qqaz and Petrus
Sep 18, 2009
We've been bleeding out assets for a while at both ends. The rentals for Boyle, Plekanec took two 2nd rounders out of the system for like 10 combined weeks of hockey.
Rentals to push you through the first round a pointless
You are either a cup contender or not
This team needs to sell

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
He is bluechip compared to the guys you listed though, along with only Sandin. The rest are pretty average. We haven’t had as much luck drafting as you’re trying to portray for what was considered a legitimate rebuild.

I listed guys who became legit NHLers. And that;s all the guys that were picked late. This is exactly what you need if you want to be a successful franchise. Robertson is exciting, but he is still 203 years away from making any sort of impact. So yes, I think the Leafs did a good job in late rounds and hit on some guys.

Reactions: Tarmore

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012

Agreed. Assets have been slipping through the cracks and the cupboards are almost completely barren. Plus we’re fighting for playoffs like you said..It was a rushed rebuild but hopefully it gets us something in the end, won’t be easy..

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

I'd take Gallagher tho.
also call me a crazy conspiracy theorist, but I highly doubt that our own version of Marchand would be able to enjoy the same freedom to run around as the original. It would be penalties and suspensions galore

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Lmao @ people freaking out about our perfectly healthy prospect pool in a thread about arguably the biggest steal in the previous draft.
I know, part of the reason why our prospect pool seems thin is bc our top two prospects are playing in the NHL right now due to injuries.
While most of our prospects are still in the CHL.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I listed guys who became legit NHLers. And that;s all the guys that were picked late. This is exactly what you need if you want to be a successful franchise. Robertson is exciting, but he is still 203 years away from making any sort of impact.So yes, I think the Leafs did a good job in late rounds and hit on some guys.

We’ll never get to experience his impact...

Reactions: DirkStraun

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
One of Sandin or Liljegren will make the team next year. If nothing else we need more 2nd round picks to fill some holes down the road. Dubas needs acquire more than shed picks now.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
One of Sandin or Liljegren will make the team next year. If nothing else we need more 2nd round picks to fill some holes down the road. Dubas needs acquire more than shed picks now.
They are both making the team next year. Dubas and his drafting team have done a great job shooting for high potential/ high IQ players with their late early picks in the draft. Having Lilly, Sandin and now Robertson playing like top 10 draft picks is a huge boost to our team considering at 17 Lilly was the highest pick.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Well, at least when he does acquire players, they have term. Which Dubas has said he does intentionally. The Boyle and Plekanec trades hurt right now given how well the scouts have done in the first few rounds in recent years. Liljegren,Sandin and Robertson all look very promising. Lou cost us two 2nd rounders on rentals and cost us a first in the Marleau deal.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017

I'd take Gallagher tho.

Sure, Marchand has his issues for sure.

But I would trade anybody not named Matthews, Willy, Marner, JT, to have him on our team. He would bolster the hell out of our club, and be great in the playoffs.

It would be silly to not want him.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Well, at least when he does acquire players, they have term. Which Dubas has said he does intentionally. The Boyle and Plekanec trades hurt right now given how well the scouts have done in the first few rounds in recent years. Liljegren,Sandin and Robertson all look very promising. Lou cost us two 2nd rounders on rentals and cost us a first in the Marleau deal.

I like that we at least didn't make any panic moves at the deadline this year. Enough draft pick damage has been done. We HAVE to have tons of picks going forward.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Sure, Marchand has his issues for sure.

But I would trade anybody not named Matthews, Willy, Marner, JT, to have him on our team. He would bolster the hell out of our club, and be great in the playoffs.

It would be silly to not want him.

Yeah, but the moment he becomes a Leaf the penalties and suspensions will come.

Reactions: DanM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia