Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 2nd-round (#53) -- LW/C Nicholas Robertson -- OHL - 5' 9"/162lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Well spoken kid. In my experience, never underestimate a Filipino. This smurf talk is so idiotic. We have Marner(we think). We've been killed by a team where Krug and Marchand are key players. How many of the 6'4 220 lb draft picks have worked out for us? None besides Matthews, a slam dunk pick. Hockey has changed. Get over it. Try learning a new skill, like basic typing classes.

This should be stickied.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Can we please discuss the player and not what a scale says? I don't understand why this discussion had to overtake the thread of a prospect. Please move on and talk about the player instead of going in circles about the effectiveness of everyone's height.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Petes season ticket holder here- so I am a big Petes homer. I couldn't really understand why SDA was drafted by the Leafs but am so happy with drafting Robertson-

Robertson is a great player- scary work ethic!

Leafs got a real steal in this kid because his stats to do not reflect his true abilities.
He has been playing hurt and on a weaker team but given the right line mates he will shine bright.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I'm a Flames fan. As per the avatar. Season Ticket holder since 2001.

So I don't have any horse in this race - but as a Dynasty Hockey Fantasy junkie, I've got to say I think Nick Robertson is going to go down as one of the best picks from this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a Top 2-3 point producer from the whole draft.

People often overate the shiny new toy. And heaven knows HFboards loves a late Birthday. But when you hear about this kids struggles from at birth, and then you look at this birthday 9/11/01 there seems to almost be something serendipitous or providential about his background and potential.

He has the drive of Toews or Crosby and when I see Bracco I see a very skilled young man with a small DNA splice of Kyle Wellwood and that would concern me as a Bracco fan. No offense to Bracco intended, but just saying I think Robertson should have ranked higher on your prospect poll.

We can revisit this in 3-5 years, but I see a day when Robertson is flanking Matthews on the LW and generating a stupid amount of high end offence.

Skill - Check
Determination like almost never seen before - Check

This is going to go down as a hell of 53rd pick.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Glad your child is doing well. I just read this about babies who are extremely pre-mature (how that is defined I don't know but I assumed being born at 6 months qualified) that they tend to end up smaller on average. Babies who were born slightly pre-mature tended to catch up with their age group fairly quickly. More than willing to accept being wrong if I'm completely incorrect.

coming from one born at 5 months (1 lb 3/4 oz) we don't catch up if it's too early...I stand at an extremely imposing 5'4 lol

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good

So I don't have any horse in this race - but as a Dynasty Hockey Fantasy junkie, I've got to say I think Nick Robertson is going to go down as one of the best picks from this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a Top 2-3 point producer from the whole draft.

People often overate the shiny new toy. And heaven knows HFboards loves a late Birthday. But when you hear about this kids struggles from at birth, and then you look at this birthday 9/11/01 there seems to almost be something serendipitous or providential about his background and potential.

He has the drive of Toews or Crosby and when I see Bracco I see a very skilled young man with a small DNA splice of Kyle Wellwood and that would concern me as a Bracco fan. No offense to Bracco intended, but just saying I think Robertson should have ranked higher on your prospect poll.

We can revisit this in 3-5 years, but I see a day when Robertson is flanking Matthews on the LW and generating a stupid amount of high end offence.

Skill - Check

Just like Ed Belfour

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

Skill - Check

As you said, if he turns out to be a good NHL player, it's a hell of story.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can we please discuss the player and not what a scale says? I don't understand why this discussion had to overtake the thread of a prospect. Please move on and talk about the player instead of going in circles about the effectiveness of everyone's height.

You'd think you were in the old Mitch Marner thread when we had drafted him lol.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
damn

is he 5'8 on skates or in shoes

if he's marty st louis tough on his skates ok

but kyle wellwood..
Watching him barrel past 6'3 Broberg and knock him over, I'd say he's strong enough on his skates. You can learn to use leverage effectively at any size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad