Prospect Info: Leafs 2018 1st Rd Pick (#29 OA via STL) - Rasmus Sandin (5'11 186lbs, D, Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds)

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Lucked out? Or Dubas knew exactly what he was doing... had an inside track on the player, even traded down in the draft and still got the player he wanted, and added SDA for free in the exchange.

How do you know it wasnt Hunters choice in the first place, do you figure Dubas was scouting all year long without anyone knowing? :sarcasm:

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
Honestly if I was an outside fan watching Sandin, and someone told me he was their team's 15OA pick, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
This babe is the future of the Leafs defence. Everyone at camp knows it. Even the kids say it. He is best Leaf defence prospect in many many years. In 5 years he will be our #1 dman. Mark my words. I may not be around to see it but I believe it to be true. Leaf nation is so lucky to have him our future #1 in the system.

Reactions: Beyonder91

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
He kind of reminds me of Rafalski. I hadn't seen any of Sandin until this preseason and he has blown me away. Still the odd rookie mistake here and there but his poise is unreal.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
How do you know it wasnt Hunters choice in the first place, do you figure Dubas was scouting all year long without anyone knowing? :sarcasm:
Dubas picking Sandin was his choice. Hunter's lackluster history suggests Hunter wouldn't have drafted him. NHL teams dont want Hunter and thats a big indication what they think of him.
Dubas Knew a lot about Sandin, plus didnt make a bad 2nd round selection in Durzi.
A solid draft by Dubas

Last edited:
Reactions: Keanu Reeves

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Dubas picking Sandin was his choice. Hunter's lackluster history suggests Hunter wouldn't have drafted him. NHL teams dont want Hunter and thats a big indication what they think of him.
Dubas Knew a lot about Sandin, plus didnt make a bad 2nd round selection in Durzi.
A solid draft by Dubas
It's really irritating to look back at some of Hunter's picks (in hindsight, obviously). We should have been picking for skill when instead he was trying to get lucky with one of these large immobile defenceman (most of which we have let walk).

Reactions: Eb and stickty111

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
It's really irritating to look back at some of Hunter's picks (in hindsight, obviously). We should have been picking for skill when instead he was trying to get lucky with one of these large immobile defenceman (most of which we have let walk).
For me, Hunter's 3 drafts were a tale of two halves. I pretty much loved all of 2015 (I wonder how much this draft was Dubas influenced), and loved every 2016 pick up to and including Brooks. Then all the sudden the next half I hate. From Keaton Middleton all the way down to Ryan O'Connell in 2017 (12 overall picks), I really only like Liljegren. Gordeev seems interesting enough I guess. On the bright side, the top picks of 2016 are good enough to make that draft a success. So overall, it may only be 2017 that may be meh if we only get Liljegren out of it.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
A solid draft by Dubas

At the draft, both panelists (Mckenzie... miller?) said/speculated (insider knowledge? can't remember) .. anyways.. they said that Hunter would've picked Nicolas Beaudin had he have been running the draft for the Leafs.

Reactions: stickty111

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Lou and Hunter leaving was a fortune to this team.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Does Sandin have AHL eligibility for this season? I'd think that's the best spot for him, playing with Liljegren, his future long term partner.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Does Sandin have AHL eligibility for this season? I'd think that's the best spot for him, playing with Liljegren, his future long term partner.

I believe he is AHL illegible but he really needs to bulk up before playing a pro season. I think he would get killed in the AHL. Back in the O he gets all the minutes he can handle and is used in every situation which would not be the case in the AHL or Sweden.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Sandin isn't in the same stratusphere, talent-wise, as Dahlin. It's not remotely close.
thanks tips

have you watched Dahlin in the pre-season at all, or are you using draft position as the basis for your opinion? Seems a lot of folks here share my opinion on the small sample size as seen on TV, but wait there's more.......a guy that got stripped 4 times or a guy who handled the puck just as many times and not stripped once w/o any giveaway's? Call now or you might as well be walking on the sun! :rolleyes:

and btw is that Trish Stratusphere we're talking about:thumbu:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
thanks tips

have you watched Dahlin in the pre-season at all, or are you using draft position as the basis for your opinion? Seems a lot of folks here share my opinion on the small sample size as seen on TV, but wait there's more.......a guy that got stripped 4 times or a guy who handled the puck just as many times and not stripped once w/o any giveaway's? Call now or you might as well be walking on the sun! :rolleyes:

and btw is that Trish Stratusphere we're talking about:thumbu:

keep it real bud lol ...

Reactions: Vintage93 and 7even

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad