Prospect Info: Leafs 2017 4th Rd Pick (#110 OA) - Ian Scott - 6'3" 174lbs G - Prince Albert (WHL)

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
How does he rate as a prospect overall in the Leafs organization?

There's no solid answer to that. The sample is small and goalie are voodoo anyway.

I don't even bother to rank goalies with the rest of the prospects. With a few exceptions, they're kinda all the same until they make it.

srnd9399

Apr 10, 2018
NB, Canada
crmkju0btpz11.jpg

Reactions: Stamkos4life

srnd9399

Apr 10, 2018
NB, Canada
Guy looked overmatched in preseason but he's in a zone right now. Big guy, good athlete but needed to round out his technique.

He was ranked 3rd or 4th in NA in his draft year so it's not a complete surprise. Looks like a great pick.
Absolutely....I'm excited for this kid's future :thumbu:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Does his current form give him more chance of being Canada’s #1 at the world juniors? I’m not really up to date with junior hockey are there better goalies than him right now?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Does his current form give him more chance of being Canada’s #1 at the world juniors? I’m not really up to date with junior hockey are there better goalies than him right now?
DiPietro is probably the number 1 and Rodrigue may push as well, I see Scott in there with them though.

Reactions: Walshy7

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Great scouting job by Dirk. Like Hunter who drafted Marner for London And then drafted him so did Dirk on Scott as he drafted him into the WHL with a first round pick and then had Hunter draft him for the Leafs.

Great scouting by dale derkatch.

Has a very good chance at being on our world Jr championship team

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'm gonna post this to here as well (if some of you Leafs fans only hub around the Leafs forum)

I only watched a couple of minutes, he moves well but you'd like to see him give out less rebounds. He seems to take a "block the puck" approach rather than an "absorb the puck" approach. When Andersen is good pucks just stick to him and I'd like to see the same of his successor

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Really should watch the entire video before post :)
watched the rest of it, anything that hit him in the pads hard is getting kicked out as a big rebound throughout the video and a lot of what hits him in the hands too. Part of it could be equipment if he's using hard pads, and not trying to knock him at all, would just like to see those parts of his game worked on as he develops. Also think for a big guy he compacts himself in the net a lot rather than making himself big, but that's an item coaching can fix. It's hard to argue with his results this year, so don't think that I'm pessimistic on him

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Scott heading to the Mem Cup. He was named MVP for the WHL playoffs. Some great experience for the kid.

Schedule: 2019 Memorial Cup Game Schedule – Memorial Cup

I was very happy when the Leafs selected Scott as I've been a fan and as WHL season ticket holder get to see him in person.

Not always so thrilled when he is putting on a goaltending clinic against my Kelowna Rockets.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I only watched a couple of minutes, he moves well but you'd like to see him give out less rebounds. He seems to take a "block the puck" approach rather than an "absorb the puck" approach. When Andersen is good pucks just stick to him and I'd like to see the same of his successor

So much of what we see with goalie prospects is based on their raw talent. It will be really interesting to see how he and Woll progress with pro goalie coaching. Every new coach is a chance to add another item to their tool box. Going up against a bunch of shooters he has never faced is the next hurdle.

Reactions: Randy Randerson

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Scott loses 6-3 against the Huskies. I thought he played well other than the first goal. Everything else was the Defense not helping him out in the slot.

If he loses tonight against Guelph, they are out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad