Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 - Pens 5 - Geno Drank too many Coronas

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
He hasn't had many chances or minutes to show much of anything, in that play, I was watching his movements...

You had 2 guys behind the net battling and he was moving around trying to get in position for a puck coming back to him, but then the puck comes back up near the blueline/above the circle and he pivots right to the front of the net to use his size to screen and then scores.

I hope we get to see more of his game.

His use of his size is how I wish Bjugstad played.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I don’t like JJ playing that many minutes, but his physical play and shotblocking would be missed if we totally lost him... playing the sole role ian cole used to he would be fine... and Peds is fine as a average defensive guy.. he might have taken a step back, but that length is a nice asset

but I am totally on board with everyone worrying about Shultz... he is not ok right now... id play Ruh or Rik over him right now... his brain farts aren’t being compensated by his offense...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Nice special teams tonight and a great game by Jarr's and Sid/Zucks.
Special shoutouts to Sam, Angello and as always Tanev too.

Simon's really gonna be iffy on that top line but not much you can do even fully healthy sans Jake.

When Bjugs comes back i wish they'd give Lafferty a spin with Zucker-Sid.
But fine with it if they just run
X-Lafferty-Bjugs to start.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Jarry is so good it hurts
22znhf.jpg

Seriously dude doesn't give up any gimmes. Both goals were not gonna be stopped by anyone. He's been phenomenal. Game in and game out you know exactly what Jarry is gonna do for the team.

+++Crosby- long live the pass first king

Did I witness Simon ousted by Hornqvist in the 3rd? Does this mean Palmieri for Sid?!? E5!

Side note: with Dman in hot demand please trade Schultz. I'd rather Trotman play. He is atrocious.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Not one mention of PIT being in 1st place now? Solid team effort all around until the game was out of reach. Consistently out hustled TOR for 2 periods until it was coast to win time. Sid crushed it on the PP.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Great win. Really really want to see this team fully operational... They won without the entirety of the first half MVPs sans Rust and Jarry.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Great game tonight, pk was excellent, great on the pp, and got sticks on pucks all night.
Does'nt matter wich line is out there, they all jus hustle their a** off, loving it!
Man o man is Sid good, I mean, what more can you want from a player, deserves Selke cosideration, and he's a monster offensively.
Great game by TJ as well!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
+ Lafferty as well.

This game shows how much more speed and tenacity he brings than Zar. He had a lot of turnovers and is a really smart player

Shows how ZAR shouldn't have a cemented spot in the lineup for sure.
Personally i believe theres 3 better hockey players behind him in Sam, Angello and AJ.
ZAR is real comfortable with his spot cemented and he struggles with NHL pace(really a plugger who has bad hands). The others, not so much. Better pace. Better hands. All capable kids.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
The goal differential advantage of plus 42 goals to Washington's plus 28, but even more, giving up 26 less goals on the year than Washington, is the most surprising part.

Who ever would have guessed how the Pens would dominate in possession and defense?

THAT is what wins in the playoffs.
Give credit to both goalies. Give credit to young blood hustling.
Tanev is doing some work!!

Malkin talked to Crosby and said so this defense thing talk to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad