Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 - Pens 5 - Geno Drank too many Coronas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I love Canadian media - It kills them to admit Toronto got dominated, instead they try to push the narrative that they came out flat, Fridgeman at least admits, they got dominated.
:laugh:

Just as I read this, he’s asked about Crosby and talks for 8 seconds about how important Crosby and Malkin have been with the other out, and then:

“Alright, back to the Maple Leafs.”

Cuts him right off. Hilarious stuff, and I’m a Leafs fan.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, it's both.

Everything we **** on this team for, night in and night out, we finally got to see another team be guilty of.
Yeah the laziness until they're really down to finally wake up, that at times has been the Pens problem, giving a 20 min effort in a 60 min game.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Game in hand on Washington and two on the Bruins and Tampa bay... if either of those two ever lose again we may make a run for the presidents...not that we care about that

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Also, MAJOR MAJOR + to Angello, didn't get a lot of minutes, but he steps in, scores. That to me was the biggest thing in today's game, you lose Geno, but the guy that comes in, scores, makes you feel like "**** yeah, we got this boys."

Angelo had a good game. Liked what he did most of his minutes. It’s the best he has looked. Big congrats to him on his first.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Crazy how the Pens are in 1st in the Metro with all the injuries this year. I said it long ago but this is the best team since 2016 and maybe better. If they ever get healthy watch out. Best team now with the injuries. Both goalies playing great now so this team will be a tough out with great goaltending and a team that plays the right way.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
+Jarry playing like a true Vezina finalist.
+Zucker making Sid a happy camper.
+4th line, Lafferty in particular was flying and AA looked better than Bjugstad has all year.
+Rust stepping up when in need.
+Tanev and Blueger succeeding without X-Factor ZAR.
+McCann flying and looking way more at ease away from Sid/Geno. Shocker

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
:laugh:

Just as I read this, he’s asked about Crosby and talks for 8 seconds about how important Crosby and Malkin have been with the other out, and then:

“Alright, back to the Maple Leafs.”

Cuts him right off. Hilarious stuff, and I’m a Leafs fan.
Crosby could have had like 10pts in this game and I feel like they would have still treated it this way, it's a sports network for hockey and man, at times it never feels that way.

Reactions: Dominance

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
If only that 87 guy could buy in. If only he could... Then maybe we could be not a worse team with him in a lineup. But if only he could buy in. Yeah and he needs to play better defense too otherwise we are cooked! :(:(

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Game in hand on Washington and two on the Bruins and Tampa bay... if either of those two ever lose again we may make a run for the presidents...not that we care about that

no, kiss of death bud...if we ever get close, just keep losing games...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Angelo had a good game. Liked what he did most of his minutes. It’s the best he has looked. Big congrats to him on his first.
He hasn't had many chances or minutes to show much of anything, in that play, I was watching his movements...

You had 2 guys behind the net battling and he was moving around trying to get in position for a puck coming back to him, but then the puck comes back up near the blueline/above the circle and he pivots right to the front of the net to use his size to screen and then scores.

I hope we get to see more of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad