Leafs 2 - 1 Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Team definitely needs to get their legs under them.

Yes, it wasn't a pretty game, but they definitely need some time and even though in 48 games that isn't ideal, that's what it's going to take.

Again, I think that once they get their legs (especially the top line), things will go a lot smoother.

we need another top 6 winger with size and desperately need some size and toughness on D

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Don't agree about Chucky, AT ALL. Eller was PUTRID until the last 2 shifts of the game. Was a non-factor through 2 periods. I liked Prust a lot.

Eller wasn't that bad. Probably should drop him to the "The Bad" though. Gally wasn't good at wing but he was better than Pacioretty and Cole. Not that that's saying much.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Pathetic hockey game. Embarrassing that the nation was submitted to this.

As you probably know, I've been very skeptical about this team's chances to compete this year for various reasons (too many guys who haven't played since last April, too many fragile players playing a schedule that will be crazy, coaching staff that seems questionable trying to change everything, lack of depth, etc). And this was before the Subban nonsense and Bouillon suddenly being nominated as our #2 defenceman. :laugh:

Tonight succeeded in lowering my already low expectations. This will be a loooong short season.

A playoff team would have wiped the floor with us.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Markov looks really slow. I think at this stage he's a #3 dman.
I think Karbele is finished.
Poor Gorges, he's really a 5-6th dman but being played like a top 3 which he isn't.
I think our defense is very weak.

1-PK Subban
2-? (Seth Jones)?
3-Markov
4-Emelin
5-Gorges
6-Boullion/Diaz

Basically we played without a #1 and 2 defenseman.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Diaz, Bourque and Kaberle played good.

I guarentee if Emelin wasn't able to hit people would want his ass on the bench. He played pretty awful.

Cole mailed it in.

Galchenyuk didn't look out of place.

WHY THE **** IS BOULLION PLAYING SO MUCH? Seriously. What the hell is that?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I still can't believe Bouillon got 22:20 TOI. Like I feel like I'm having a nightmare.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto

As you probably know, I've been very skeptical about this team's chances to compete this year for various reasons (too many guys who haven't played since last April, too many fragile players playing a schedule that will be crazy, coaching staff that seems questionable trying to change everything, lack of depth, etc). And this was before the Subban nonsense and Bouillon suddenly being nominated as our #2 defenceman. :laugh:

Tonight succeeded in lowering my already low expectations. This will be a loooong short season.

Unfortunately, I agree with your assessment.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Good:
Markov
Price
Diaz
Bourque
Emelin
Prust

Okay:
Galchenyuk
Plekanec
Eller
White
Kaberle

Bad:
Gionta
Armstrong
Desharnais

Horrible:
Pacioretty
Cole
Boullion

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Gionta saved the organization from "we want PK" chants that's for sure.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Diaz, Bourque and Kaberle played good.

I guarentee if Emelin wasn't able to hit people would want his ass on the bench. He played pretty awful.

Cole mailed it in.

Galchenyuk didn't look out of place.

WHY THE **** IS BOULLION PLAYING SO MUCH? Seriously. What the hell is that?

It's the new Darche ;)

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site

Marc, I think you should just relax a bit. ALLLLLLLL teams looked warped today. Heck, did you see parts of the LA game? They had intensity, ALLL of them (well, maybe not the Jets). But they ALLLLL lacked execution. Normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad