The Star: Leafs’ Kessel not hot on Spott’s breakout strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Why even watch or why do they even bother playing?

Might as well prep the draft tables.

And miss all the hilarity?

I'm just gonna watch every game with the Benny Hill theme playing. It will ease my pain.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Yeah lets blame Feschuk's.....it is his fault that Spott spoke his opinion. You are questioning his timing.....well in the article he stated he tried to get Spott to talk with him about the story several times, he also Talked with Kessel who claims he never remember the conversation...he also talked with at least 3 sources which takes time. He also had to get approval to write the story from his editor.....all of this takes time...

I highly doubt he sat on the story based on what TL said last week...he needed approval from his employer to run the story.

Look at the points in the story:

Carlyle states effectively that he has no control over Kessel.

Carlyle states management does not care and does not want to do any thing about it.

So now we have a player stating that he does not want to do what he is told by a an assistant coach. He goes to the head coach who tells him that management wants to do
nothing.....meaning it has been addressed before!

Then the fact that Spott thinks that Kessel is overweight and out of shape.

Carlyle never stated that the story was BS....and never refuted that Spott came to him and complained about Kessel not willing to listen. It is very telling!

What a place that the Leafs are......the Puzzle Palace is a term that comes to mind!

Considering the reputation that precedes this particular journalist, I have a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Based on the context of this story, it really should be a non issue. It's been intentionally misinterpreted and blown out of proportion.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
2nd in points and 4th in goals in the past 3 years without missing a game while being one of the fastest players in the league with average defense. All this while being 15 pounds overweight and skating around 10 times by this point (assuming) the past 3 years.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
This is complete garbage. While I'm not a Leafs fan and I am one of the biggest Kessel bashers there is, this kind of crap should not be reported. While I dont doubt that this type of stuff goes on in every organization, its up to the individual teams to sort this type of stuff out. Does anyone not think that other players get upset with certain plays and spout off about not doing it or this and that? Hell it happens in every facet of life and in every business.

The players and team are probably thinking......why is this being reported? Its our business and this happens all the time.

Exactly. Seems in the fishbowl that is Toronto professional sports, a player cannot go to the bathroom without the aftersmell being discussed and commented on.
:sarcasm:

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Anything that requires effort, Kessel isn't interested in.

I'm guessing it took at least a tiny bit of effort for him to catch a 450 lb shark while fishing over the summer. Unless those 15 lbs of extra weight he is carrying is all upper body strength ;)

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
It's amazing you don't.

The mentality is that the media is always spreading false rumors so until the player or players confirm that a story is true it isn't true. This is a foolish way to grow through life because whether the person is a politician, celebrity, or pro athlete, they don't like admitting to anything that would reflect poorly on their character. I think what the poster wrote earlier in this thread has yet to be effectively shot down: That fans look for any excuse to believe in positive rumors while obsessively desiring to discredit the source and deny the entire story when the rumors are negative.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The mentality is that the media is always spreading false rumors so until the player or players confirm that a story is true it isn't true. This is a foolish way to grow through life because whether the person is a politician, celebrity, or pro athlete, they don't like admitting to anything that would reflect poorly on their character. I think what the poster wrote earlier in this thread has yet to be effectively shot down: That fans look for any excuse to believe in positive rumors while obsessively desiring to discredit the source and deny the entire story when the rumors are negative.

Some gobble up negative reports without giving them any thought because it some how validates their beliefs.
The majority treat each instance seperately and with an open mind. In this case it just took a little common sense to correctly realize this article was garbage.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

I think it's pretty much the opposite. Many fans will believe anything as long as it fits their cynical bitter narrative, and denounce whatever doesn't fit as homeristic spin.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
Anyone watch Kessel's press scrum? Does anyone here really believe the Leafs can win a Stanley Cup if he's one of our "leaders" and best player?

He seems like pretty much the last person I would want younger players on my team to personify. Doesn't talk hockey in the off-season. Doesn't play hockey in the off-season. Judging from pictures, he's not the most in-shape hockey player in the league. Pretty terrible in the media. Plays soft and is not defensively responsible...

But he scores goals, but is that enough? He's tied to a large contract, for a long period of time.

If I were the Leafs I would deal him the second I received a pretty decent offer.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Feschuk is going to be in TSN radio after this break.

Tune in to hear the turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille