LD Vladislav Gavrikov (2015, 159th, CBJ)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As I said in the CBJ forums, I don't see him coming over. If he wanted to, he could have tried to negotiate to spend 1 year in Russia for SKA/Lokomotiv to play in the Olympics, finish out the year there, and come over next year. He signed an additional year after this year. I get it, but I don't count on him coming over.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
As I said in the CBJ forums, I don't see him coming over. If he wanted to, he could have tried to negotiate to spend 1 year in Russia for SKA/Lokomotiv to play in the Olympics, finish out the year there, and come over next year. He signed an additional year after this year. I get it, but I don't count on him coming over.

I doubt, SKA would have signed him just for one year. And it looks like Columbus management didn't promise him anything. When this contract expires, he'll have a much stronger position in negotiations with Columbus. I see something similar to Panarin's or Tryamkin's contract with back to the KHL clause.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The team he plays for paid millions to get him and weren't going to pay that to only have 1 year. He decided to stay there because the CBJ only offered him a roster spot not a starting spot and he wanted to play for russia. He will be here the second it's allowed in a top 4 spot.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I doubt, SKA would have signed him just for one year. And it looks like Columbus management didn't promise him anything. When this contract expires, he'll have a much stronger position in negotiations with Columbus. I see something similar to Panarin's or Tryamkin's contract with back to the KHL clause.

I understand. I just think if he was serious about an NHL deal he would have stayed put with his former KHL team and signed a 1 year deal. I could be wrong, Portzline seems quite confident he'll come over, but I am making no reservations on having him in 2 years.

The team he plays for paid millions to get him and weren't going to pay that to only have 1 year. He decided to stay there because the CBJ only offered him a roster spot not a starting spot and he wanted to play for russia. He will be here the second it's allowed in a top 4 spot.

In 2 years we'll have Werenski, Jones, Murray (hopefully) in our top 4. With potentially Savard, Carlsson, and who knows what else on the roster behind him. He could have had a much easier time beating out Jack Johnson for his top 4 spot than what we'll have in 2 years. We'll see. Once again, I make no reservations of him coming over.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I understand. I just think if he was serious about an NHL deal he would have stayed put with his former KHL team and signed a 1 year deal. I could be wrong, Portzline seems quite confident he'll come over, but I am making no reservations on having him in 2 years.

In 2 years we'll have Werenski, Jones, Murray (hopefully) in our top 4. With potentially Savard, Carlsson, and who knows what else on the roster behind him. He could have had a much easier time beating out Jack Johnson for his top 4 spot than what we'll have in 2 years. We'll see. Once again, I make no reservations of him coming over.
My thinking is Jones and Z are obviously here. Murray likely and I'd prefer him here. So thats 3 of 6 with Nuti/Carlson/Kukan/Savard to fill 3 spots. If Gavrikov comes over he fits in that 4 at worst bottom pair but I don't see that happening. That leaves 2 spots with those 4 guys. Kukan can play 6th fine and the other 3 have great value. Obviously don't trade all 3 but trading 1 or 2 with a Milano or Jenner or even Wennberg for an upgrade works perfectly.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If he is coming over, you never know with Russians.
His agent said that he had achieved his goal of winning a Olympic gold(which is part of why he stayed) . My bet is his next goal is the cup. Jarmo seemed pretty confident he would come over, he'll be a little older and won't have the threat of possibly having to play in the AHL. By the time he comes to NA he should be a full time top 4 Dman.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Serious question, is Gavrikov 1 of the most "underrated", or at the very least, 1 of the most "non-talked about" prospects in relation to his NHL potential?

As a CBJ fan, the dude looks like the absolute "real deal".

I guess the only question is if he comes over to NA. Do any Russian posters here have any insight on if he plans on coming over or not?

I believe he is signed over there for 1 more yr.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Serious question, is Gavrikov 1 of the most "underrated", or at the very least, 1 of the most "non-talked about" prospects in relation to his NHL potential?

I guess the only question is if he comes over to NA. Do any Russian posters here have any insight on if he plans on coming over or not?

I think, he will come. There is nothing to plove in the KHL for him, only money.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

As the CBJ fan who has posted about this guy non stop since literally the seventh round he was picked I will do my best to answer your questions.

#1 I honestly believe he is the most underrated prospect on this site. I've seen combos of people claiming he's a no one and they never heard of him to people offering their garbage 7th round guys for him as a change of scenery like I didn't know the stud I had on my team. Honestly I might make a poll to say DO you know him and then ask for an opinion if yes to see just how underrated he is.

#2 Extremely likey a CBJ starting off the 19/20 season. He was offered a spot here with the jacket but not a starter. A top team traded for his rights there so he was guaranteed top 4 minutes and money he wouldn' get here PLUS he really wanted to play the Olympics. Simce the team paid so much for his rights the lowest term they offered was years meaning to play in the Olympics he had to stay an extra year. When he comes over I see him instantly being our #3.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I know +/- isn’t the end all be all but...

Gavrikov has a career +60 plus minus in the KHL and he’s still only 22 years old. Goodness.​

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Is offense something he's been working on? On the front page of this thread some of the first posts from almost 4 years ago were about how polishef his defensive game was compared to his peers, but that his offense was a shortcoming.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Is offense something he's been working on? On the front page of this thread some of the first posts from almost 4 years ago were about how polishef his defensive game was compared to his peers, but that his offense was a shortcoming.

He's getting better and better, but I think, Columbus will need his defensive prowess above all.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
He signed a new contract until the end of the season yesterday (in other words, got a raise) which basically confirms he is going to NHL afterward.
Just curiuos why do you think it's raise, and not a paycut? I mean if he won't re-sign, why pay him more?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Just curiuos why do you think it's raise, and not a paycut? I mean if he won't re-sign, why pay him more?
Because SKA, who have plenty of money, want to be on good terms with him if his NA career doesn't work out. If you can keep the player happy why not do it. Why would he take a pay cut mid-season when he's having a career year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad