LD Vladislav Gavrikov (2015, 159th, CBJ)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Gavrikov-Savard (Gav and Sav) are the most steady defensively reliable defensemen we have. Torts trusts these two a lot. This has been our best pairing in this early season.

Zero complaints with Gavrikov. Dude is solid and it’s afraid to try to pitch in offensively. He’s going to be a solid second pairing guy for years to come.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dude stepped right off the plane and was a top 4 defenseman. I don't think he has top pairing upside but he's such a solid plug and play 2nd pairing guy. Can do so many things defensively, and is growing up offensively.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Caught most of the Jackets/Isles game tonight, thought Gavrikov looked real solid, as he has in every viewing I’ve had. Seems very reliable in his own end, few mistakes, good skater, not a big time hitter but uses his size effectively to win puck battles. Think there’s a decent amount of offensive potential there, could certainly see him being a 30 point guy in his prime. Looks well on his way to establishing himself as a solid 2nd pairing dman.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm wondering what's his next contract going to be. I wonder if Gavrikov would take something like 7 x 4.75. Would be pretty insane value for Blue Jackets but, as this is his first real contract, Gavrikov might just take it if you front-load it.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I'm wondering what's his next contract going to be. I wonder if Gavrikov would take something like 7 x 4.75. Would be pretty insane value for Blue Jackets but, as this is his first real contract, Gavrikov might just take it if you front-load it.
I'm a huge fan of Gavrikov but jumping right into a massive contract like that makes me nervous.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think, his next contract will be a bridge. Something like 8-9M/2 years.
That's probably a little rich for a bridge deal with limited leverage, it's basically in the AAV ballpark of his possible long-term contract. That's why it might be in the best interests for both sides just to go long term immediately. Especially considering Gavrikov probably didn't make that much money with SKA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad